Stockpile XP pots now? Can I expect a better discount in the next 4 months?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by beefeater_dp, May 29, 2016.

1. beefeater_dp Journeyman

I play on phinigel and I want to stockpile XP pots to grind AA's when luclin hits in about 4 months. I was wondering if I can expect a better discount than the 40% one, or if now is the time to stockpile. What's the best discount that happened in DBG's history?
  2. Kravitz Augur

I would say stockpile now. Ever since they changed their name to Daybreak and fired most of the upper management that were making the decisions on sales, discounts, or promotions they've done a pretty poor job of it. Whoever is running that division now has no clue how to bring in revenue.

Most of the promotions have been exclusive to all-access players which means they loose out on revenue from a large part of the player base.

They have stopped doing double DBC or any type of Daybreak Cash multiplier, instead they run discount on cards or buy Daybreak Cash and get 500 extra or some promotion like that. The multiplier method of promotion seems no existent.

On top of that they stopped doing quarterly Daybreak Cash promotions, and even Double Exp or higher chance of named promotions quarterly.

Most of these changes, if not all, occurred since they changed their company name so whoever is running the show on this stuff has no clue how to bring in extra revenue.

Even the Christmas sales promotions have been terrible, which were the best ones besides the 1 week they got hacked and had to run a triple station cash and huge market discount promotion.
  3. DerangedRanger Elder

Triple station cash sounds amazing... Yes please.

I don't know why they wouldn't do more of these deep discount / bonus cash type of stuff. I mean, you are giving away digital pixels for real money. I'm no economist but the margin on something like that has to be somewhere around I don't know 100%.

I know I'd spend 85$ or even 100$ dollars for 30,000 DB cash. Probably on multiple accounts. I can't be the only one with money to blow on this 17 year old game? Heh... Sounds worse when you say it out loud like that.
    Vdidar likes this.
  4. Weverley Augur

Keep on dreaming dranged ranger this won't happen for at least a year from now
  5. DerangedRanger Elder

Yeah no I fully understand they won't do this. What I would love is some mba marketing wiz to explain to me why they wouldn't. I mean, I can grasp the supply and demand thing whereas if you have a ton of people with 30k dbc it might be a long while until those particular people buy more. But that is still 100$ per person. That's like buying 2 extra expansions per account. What do they lose by offering good deals? They literally have unlimited inventory of everything and it costs them literally nothing to make or manufacture or produce anything.

Does it all just come down to not wanting to flood the market?

And let's be real, this 40% discount is really only 30% for all access members because we always get 10% off anyway.
  6. Iila Augur

You should stockpile at least 60 exp potions this weekend. Get them while the getting is good.

If there's a better sale later on, you can buy more exp potions to bring your average price per a potion down to a better amount.
    Vdidar likes this.
  7. Nolrog Augur

They stopped the station cash multiplier long before they were sold by Sony. The problem was that people would hoard the cards until these promotions and then claimed them all during that time. They don't book the revenue until the cards are claimed (or until the SC is actually spent, I forget which) so they weren't able to claim any of that money.

To the OP, this is one of the better sales that we've seen I think. I just bought a bunch of XP and clarity potions myself (I might buy a few more as well.) I'm not so hung up on whether the price will be cheaper later. To me, this is a good price now, and worth spending my SC on.