Stealing a mob this needs addressed

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Amoxan, May 1, 2019.

1. Amoxan New Member

I haven't posted on the forums in over 10 years so,
    I try to just work within the system on servers and work out my issues among any player I may have an issue with.
    Yesterday evening however was the push for me and I'm hoping someone in daybreak will actually consider doing something.

I have a level 50 cleric on Mengalo progression and have been working on Epic camp mobs. Both Grimblox and Lord Bugurgel. Last evening after weeks of checking the Rath mountain camp Lord Burgurgle is empty. I travel there message a few friends and start working my camp. After a bit 2 enchanters show up and I see them pull the PH as I'm medding up and I ask them to move on I'm camping here. They tell me sorry didn't see you pulling. My group and I kill the spawns for about an hour and those two enchanters float there when the named pops. My group and I are killing him he's at 30% when the enchanter suddenly charms him and pulls him to him. His partner starts tossing junk buffs on him and the vanish with the named.

What the hell! I immediately start messaging them with no answer everyone in my group petitions for a guide and I petition on the forums. Today I'm contacted by the petition and they tell me they will investigate but can't follow up with me as the party has the right to privacy. I understand that.
    I ask them if they will respawn Lord Burgurgle so I can finish my kill and I'm told sadly not.

Here is the vent,
    1. If Daybreak looks at the time I petitioned a few minutes before there is no question we were killing the named and there is no question I would have had the crown within seconds of him being charmed and stolen.

2. it takes weeks to get this camp as every cleric and now caster is farming it. I waited my turn and I have spent hours trying to get this thing to spawn. even after he was stolen I spent another 7 hours there yesterday trying to get him to spawn again and of course he never did.

3. Why are these spawns so rare? I can almost understand why someone would steal him as I have people telling me all the time they camp him for 12 to 18 hours before he spawns. Spawns for an epic everyone wants should not be so hard to get. especially on a progression server where a new expansion is out every 12 weeks. with 18 hour spawns on this named roughly 45 clerics a month will kill him for their epic. so by the time kunark is over 180 clerics will have potentially killed that name if you started counting from today that's terrible. I understand 18 hours isn't always accurate but its a baseline

4. Where is the fairness in this system where someone can steal a mob from a group killing him and the person who is robbed is forced to invest time again and wait hours and hours.

5. there is a difference between can't help and won't help. Daybreak you can solve this for me immediately and should. Players can do things like this because they don't fear reprisal.
    I invest my time and money and just want to enjoy the experience. You should protect and invest in players who support and invest in you. Daybreak you can turn down the time it takes for epic mobs to spawn. You are choosing not to, by doing nothing.

I hope you do something about this. How a player outside my party can charm a mob we are killing and steal him is a joke. When I petitioned and asked for this to be solved I was encouraged to post her because the devs read these forums and may do something so I hope so. Because of the privacy thing I was told about I did not post the offenders names in this rant

Thank you and here is hoping
    andross77 likes this.
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Mengalo

At present, Daybreak does not recognize camps and quote: "Dps wins in all situations".

It sucks that you had your burgugle stolen but that's pretty much par for the course at this point. I'd say it'd be more unusual for you to have an uncontested cleric epic camp rather than the opposite given how many people want it, and how profitable it is to sell multiquests of the pieces.
  3. HicksSelos Elder

i stopped reading at that point
  4. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

It’s already been addressed. There are no rules against anything they did. Always keep dispel ready if there are enchanters hanging around a contested camp. Good luck on the next spawn!
  5. Meridian Augur

For future reference, if you see a chanter hanging around an epic spawn you're trying to pop, always have Cancel Magic up and ready to go.
    Xhartor likes this.
  6. Hadesborne Augur

Taking someone's kill at 99% charm gating it and getting the kill due to distance is ridiculous and an abuse of the programming to have aggro wipe when you are a certain distance from mob (this was done to alleviate rediculous train situations). IMO charm should break once Gate, CoH, Succor, Translocate, etc be completed. Also having charmed mobs warp to you is unacceptable as well. That charmed mob SHOULD walk it's happy butt ALL THE WAY to the enchanter/bard/necro/druid that charms it. This again would elimiate alot of the abuses. This would solve alot of the charm gating crap. The devs need to double down on the two ways these situations can be abused. DPS racing is FINE. This...isn't DPS racing, it is game mechanic abuse and it is high time that it be fixed.
    Meridian likes this.
  7. Xhartor Augur

At this point you need to load dispel magic, they are going to try to charm the mob. If you have friends with you that can dispel they need to do the same. If one of them has a charmed pet while killing the PH's, dispell and kill it on them.

Whenever you are camping a spawn like that, try to start a waiting list group where whoever as there first has master looter control. If the other person won't join, be prepared to fight for the named.
  8. SomeRandomGuy Journeyman

Have as many friends with cancel magic as possible and have them casting it the entire fight. It's your only real shot. Bards are really good for this, in particular.
  9. C3lowz Augur

In the eyes of DBG..

There is no such thing as "Stealing" mobs. You do not own them.
    There is no such thing as "Camps". You do not own a certain area in the zone.

This is DBG. Not Sony. There is no longer a Play Nice Policy. Your best bet is to get your friends, and strong arm them out. DPS Race them down. Never train them. Or slander there name in chat and community boards which allow name and shaming (Which this site does not, so don't bother)
    code-zero likes this.
  10. Meridian Augur

Another tip to possibly avoid this in the future. Bring necro/shaman/sk friends and have them use disease and poison dots only (along with taps/nukes/HT, etc). These are not affected by cancel magic. Do not use any of the darkness line.