Starting up 3 NEW accounts if TLP has 2-boxing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by HoodenShuklak, Feb 17, 2019.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

Shards of Dalaya, a popular with a robust 1,000+ population server, proved this concept over a decade ago!

Doesn't kill the group game. Helps casuals. Helps raiders. Helps guilds. Helps stimulate the top and bottom line.

Why not?
  2. Candystore Augur

Why are you playing an MMO if you don't want to play with other people. Go play with yourself in another game.
  3. Crayon123 Augur

You should be telling that to all the people who want Truebox removed.
  4. Candystore Augur

The majority of them being Krono farmers who post on 10 different accounts on this forum.
  5. Crayon123 Augur

I want Truebox. I just think he has a legitimate idea. Shards of Dalaya did it well.
  6. Jezzie Augur

I like it but you left it a bit late.
    Maybe if you activate 48 forum accounts and argue with yourself about what a good idea it is then maybe Daybreak will jump on it!
  7. 6rout Lorekeeper

Cancelling 3 accounts if TLP has 2-boxing. Boom.
  8. Slornak Journeyman

Haters gonna hate... I'd give it up OP - there's a small number of oh-so-loud bigots who just don't want to listen and don't want you to have a choice.

1 server each. Seriously - what's the problem? Or is there a fear that actually one server will be so much more populated than the other it will totally destroy the fallacy once and for all?

Which fallacy is the question. I'm prepared to admit I'm wrong if the boxing server fails. Are you if it's the other way round?

Fundamental question though: why the hate on choice?
  9. Elyani Augur

Every time I see this sort of post, all I can think of is, "Why won't you play with me!? I just want a group! Stupid boxers don't need meeeee!!! They are ruining my fun!!!"

I like this game. Not a solo game. This one. :) I am a boxer that does not farm. I have 6 kronos I got from selling old loot on the last TLP I was on. 1 piece of gear, actually. I spend most of my time in the game raiding, doing tradeskills, and helping out my friends/guildmates. I drop alts for friends and guildies. I've sat up all night boxing drops to help out guildmates get key items/flags they needed but did not have enough play time to get them during the day when groups are easier to get.

But, I'd never help or even consider helping someone who complained about my boxes.

Thing is, whether I boxed or not, I still wouldn't help out or group with 99pct of the servers population, because like most, I have my group of friends I do everything with. Does that ruin your fun, too? Elitists who only group with people they enjoy the company of?

Perhaps DB should start mandating everyone's groups for them, while we're at it. How about the invite to group function stop working and is replaced with, "Find me a group" so that no one can ever group with who they want.
  10. Candystore Augur

It already failed, the boxing TLP were infested with boxers hording, training, and basically ruining every other player's experience. That's why we have truebox, because enough people got sick and tired of boxers.

Honestly, no one cares.

Good for you, hopefully you get your anti-social box server.
  11. Candystore Augur

The only ones to blame for all new TLP being truebox is the boxers themselves.

There was a pattern of boxers training, stealing camps, hording camps, basically harassing more casual players.

Either fueled by in-game greed, or financial greed in the case of krono farmer box teams.

This then lead to a backlash against boxing, which forced developers to implement truebox. (developers who are fully aware that krono creates chaos on TLP)

You reap what you sow.
  12. Geoff Journeyman

Really? sounds like you care.
  13. Candystore Augur

I'm not the one spamming 20 threads about the same thing and then replying on a bunch of box accounts like you are doing. You have 8 posts since 2015, all against truebox, clearly an alt account. I rest my case.
  14. HoodenShuklak Augur

I'm not saying get rid of true box, just upgrade it to Two-true-box.

The great beta test has already been done on numerous servers. 2-boxing does not kill groups, the economy, nor the community aspect of EQ. A 2-boxer is probably just as likely to prefer groups as anyone else, they just prefer not to solo. So in effect, the 2-boxer may be more group-friendly than others.
  15. mark Augur

just make a boxing server and a truebox server with picks and aoc and let the players decide were they want to play.
  16. Zephiron Elder

Boxing on a true box server brings in money in different ways. They have a business model, they won't spread it like that, as to make a 2 box per machine server. If they did, then they would being splitting the boxers and non boxers apart once more, right now it is two spectrums. Please don't spread this community an further, I like the taste of this buttered bread as it stands, spread it any thinner, you gave me dry bread bro. Why you trying to get it just your way =P
  17. HoodenShuklak Augur

There is an absolute chasm between a mass boxer doing full groups and raids vs your average joe boxing 2 toons.

Like many of us know already though... even a decade ago the 2 box servers were full of groups and healthy playing. A "Two-true-box" server would easily slip into place of any current true-box server without much disturbance in the way anyone plays with the exception of retaining "solo" players who can now 2-box until they get a group rolling.
  18. TLP Addict Augur

Will start up 2 accounts if TLP has 3 boxing
  19. Iyvy Augur

I'm a dual boxer and I'd be down for this. Add a limit of 2 boxes per person period and perma ban people who surpass it.
  20. Zephiron Elder

I am comfortable to say that they are pretty much doing concessions but be narcistic enough to think your idea for you is what they should do, it just doesn't make enough sense to do, either true box or wait until they allow a server with AoC's for multi boxers, the in between you ask for worked on what? This is EQ, wanna two box x 3 on true server, get six computers or circumvent, balls or box or none? You want more options on a game waning, you my friend, are the reason they make things like Mangler. They are way out there, I want two box, well I want 3 box one computer. Everyone better realize we either have enough clout as a player base to ask for something, or in the end we get nothing and eq falls away.

I do like your idea though, wish we made the game happen. who wants 6 + machines. I do play one toon though, honestly on TLP's, I have more boxes to fire up, I refuse to. TLP's are meant for us to mingle, you want to further your box team on TLP, Lockjaw, no comp to farm what you like, Rage if you like more people to deal with. End of the day, new ideas to box more ended with true box, and I think they like it whether we do or not.

2 Toons = 2 computers or other stuff, figure it out, we don't need wasted ideas, this one sucks, honestly we need to fix 1 server or the other is the only choice between people like me and people like you. All of us will be induced into whatever these fools or geniuses at DBG do, no more subsets, get on board.