Starting today

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Mogsey, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Tegila Augur

yeah you shouldnt have a problem with running the game it has very low system needs, you may want to adjsut some settings. if you have the multicore bug reloading will fix it and its rare these days, but otherwise if you lag and have issues jstu adjust your display settings in options. if you have a 2ghz cpu and 2gb of ram you should be good to go for a single account, also try running in windowed instead of fullscreen (can stretch the window to be fullscreen if you want)
  2. Ratbo Peep Augur

I was going to say the same thing.
    The very AGE of the game gives it very low system needs.
    I can even get a pretty good test run on an 1.6 Ghz P4 with 1.5g RAM and Nvidia 5200 256m Card.
    (I use that machine to park the Bazaar mule on)
    Back it the day - the game ran well on a 1ghz CPU with 512 RAM and Nvidia GeForce 4 MX-400 !!

-W
  3. Quatr Augur

Hm, I am not sure I remember the exact specs of the PC that I ran EQ on back in 1999. I am reasonably sure that it was Pentium 200, which had been almost top of the line in early 1997 when I bought it. Originally it had 32MB of RAM and a 2D video card and it cost $2,700. Since EQ required a 3D card, I had to upgrade in order to play the game, and then I doubled the amount of RAM from 32MB to 64MB to make it run smoother. Ah, the good old days...

Of course, EQ's system requirements have changed over the years, but it's still not too bad. Typically less than 1Gb of RAM per instance if you tweak your memory settings.
  4. Lumbarin New Member

Go into your options and go to the in game voice chat and disable it. I was lagging and getting frame rate spikes until I disabled the in game voice chat. Once I did that all the problems went away. Not saying it will fix your issue but it fixed mine.
  5. Gladare Augur

You can also type /voice off
  6. Aradar New Member

Also important is to set your FPS to max 60 (it's default on 200 or so), this will fix the mouselook lag. (you can change the FPS in dispaly settings ingame).