Start offering Solutions for Server Instability?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gronns, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Gronns Lorekeeper

Can you "Daybreak Games" start offering some sort of solutions for lockout timers getting burned on a consistent basis due to the lack of instability with your own services? Burning Instance timers due to the lack of stability within your own platform seems to be unprofessional and show a lack of oversight for your Admin/Server team.

Offer a solution for issues that are presented with the servers crashing such as instance timers preventing a whole guild of players (72 Paying customers someway or another on TLP servers) from continuing an instance they were already engaged in.(ex. Vex Thal) Even if we needed to submit a petition and could get a somewhat quick turnaround we can present logs or something to show players present in the DZ to have them unlocked? With as often as the servers seem to crash the generic nothing we can do response is getting old.
    Barton likes this.
  2. Trevalon Augur

server crashing while in instances may be the single most annoying thing that can happen on a TLP server. I saw people get so frustrated over it that they quit paying (usually it was a last straw thing).

Either way, if its happening even more often now than it used to (it only happened once or twice on Phinny to us as I recall and twice for my Agnarr guild) then I do think they need to find a way to fix this for players.
  3. That0neguy Augur

It seems to be happening to more then just Coirnav. We had what 2 in the last 2 weeks. I know Phinny had some as well. Probably related to some change they did recently. OS upgrade, FW upgrade. Etc. Either way the Ops teams need to get to the bottom of this. Yell at the vendor more if its OS related or escalate to the Dev's if its something with the code.
    Barton likes this.
  4. Gronns Lorekeeper

It is understandable you can have issues with the server just offer a solution to the paying customers and we will not mind near as much.
  5. ApocoTon New Member

I'm sure this has been said on prior servers, but what really is the point in instances of having a zone lockout when you have loot lockouts on bosses you killed/mobs? I never really got the point.
    snailish likes this.
  6. snailish Augur

Does one person having the loot lockout prevent others getting the loot?

If not, same core raid force + some others to loot could steady farm the instance?

If yes, then the raid team would stick together to redo the instance and finish killing the bosses left. Even if booted multiple times from the instance. Seems like this is a reasonable solution?
  7. doah Augur

Probably should be "lack of stability" not "lack of instability"
  8. Gronns Lorekeeper

You are correct -5 to me for lack of proof reading LOL.
  9. Krezzy Augur

Part of a server start-up should be clearing lockouts that are more recent than the character they belong to. When a character is rolled back and loses gear, any lockout associated with this gear (or the zone in which it was obtained) should also be dropped. If this isn't feasible, I'd be interested in hearing why from a dev.
    That0neguy and Gronns like this.
  10. a_librarian Augur

I don't know if the devs understand how disruptive minor instability is with the DZ system on TLPs. If your guild is raiding at the wrong time, a 5 minute downtime just wrecked your shot at your raid targets for a full week. When it is a target that your whole guild jumped through many terribly designed hoops just to access, it ruins a big part of the experience TLPs offer.

Please resolve this quickly or you will lose players.
    Barton and Gronns like this.
  11. That0neguy Augur

Came across a post from Rox when Tunare went down on Nov 16th. Was taken down by someone debugging to fix an issue. I am wondering if this is not necessarily a issue with infrastructure or code, and more an issue with faulty practices when it comes to touching the production environment.

Either way the focus should be on solving the DZ issue since downtime are a fact of life and sometimes uncontrollable.
    Gronns likes this.
  12. andross77 Elder

Hilarious that i saw this thread when i came on the forums just to say.....AGNARR DOWN AGAIN! Sheesh Daybreak seems to be competing for least stable game servers!
    Barton and Gronns like this.
  13. Barton The Mischievous

I have an idea how about they invest in fixing the servers !
  14. That0neguy Augur

I'd like to see that as well. On the other hand downtime is a fact of life. Even the most resilient systems in the world go down eventually. Fixing the lockout issue when you are in a DZ so you don't get punished for a downtime helps people deal with those downtime's better.

Why does the replay timer have to start at the beginning of the DZ? Why not have it trigger at the end of the DZ when it closes or when you quit the DZ. Could see a potential issue with long duration outages unless they could somehow pause the DZ timer.
  15. Xhartor Augur

Loot lockout doesn't applies to mobs that have their own lockout.
    An example of this: If you open a Ssra DZ and ran the Cursed Cycle, but didn't kill any of the other raid bosses in this DZ, you can kill and non-raid named mob (Comm1 &2, assassin, bard guy, named skellys, insignia mobs, ect) and they will drop their normal loot tables. In 2 and half days when the reply lockout expired, you can open a new Ssra DZ, since you are locked out of the Cursed Cycle, that wouldn't be up, and because you still have loot lockout the non-raid named mobs if they spawned would drop any loot. Also the trash mobs in zone would be lootless. However Rhag Cycle, HP, XTC, and Emp would still be up and would drop loot if killed. Since all of them are tied to the their own lockout they aren't effected by the loot lockout.

With Ssra I would also note that the Blood is tied to general loot lockout not the Emp lockout. So if you open the DZ with an active loot lockout the lootless version of him would spawn. The plus side of this is that killing him doesn't trigger your Emp lockout.
  16. big forum warrior New Member

The quick and easy fix would be to eliminate replay timers.

You already have a loot lockout on zone trash/bosses for a fixed duration anyway. The only thing a replay timer does is to make it harder for people to "instance scan" but we all know it happens anyway.

Server crash happens during your instance? No problem, without replay timers you can simply re-call the instance once the server is up.
  17. FIsh Lips Augur

Not to mention ridiculously expensive xp pots that someone paid good moneny for being wasted while mobs lagaport around the zone and pursue their evidently latent desire to be be conscientious objectors.
  18. a_librarian Augur

Really disappointing to not see a dev reply in here explaining what happened and when the issue could be resolved. I'm expecting the same thing to happen this Sunday when the server is under high load from lots of raiding guilds. Silence is what I'd expect from a game that's been put on maintenance mode
  19. Crayon123 Augur

Hasn't EQ been on maintenance mode for the past few years? It's been a couple copy and paste TLP's, nothing notable has been introduced to my recollection...
  20. a_librarian Augur

Having played on a game that was in maintenance mode for a few years before being permanently shut down (Asheron's Call): no we're not at that point yet.

The lack of communication around serious issues is still disappointing though