Splinter of Potency

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zantor, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Zantor Augur

I think the drop rate has to be upped some on this aug, i have literally spent around 50 hours of game time trying to get this for my wizzy, gotten around 200 AA's so far and not finished one of them HA's, did them all, killed all named multiple times, got a bag full of tribute. But no aug, I not mind farming item that takes some time but this is nuts.
  2. Necromonious Augur

Ha, that's nothing. Ive seen guildies run an HA more than 100 times and not see one drop, and that was back before the HA lockouts
  3. Zantor Augur

Atleast then it would of been more worth it getting the AA's and coins, i have run more then 100 HA's so far.
  4. Ferry-Tunare Augur

Hope you're boxing. If not, might as well start an alt and make it easier on yourself. It's worth it. Keep going. You can do it.
  5. Necromonious Augur

Yea it's pretty ridiculous. I'd almost call it not farmable. It's basically like one of those zone-wise rares in terms of drop rate :(
  6. guado Augur

Do Seeking Refuge. Enough said.
    Axxius and Silentchaos like this.
  7. Zantor Augur

Done all of them plenty, i just get augs I don't need and plenty of tribute items.
  8. ModRanger Lorekeeper

I wish more augs would be available on the Marks of Valor vendor, even if for a high price. Perhaps require a mission win for them to appear as well?
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.
  9. Zantor Augur

LOL i wish i got almost 59k marks of valor atm
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.
  10. Xikteny Augur

It took me quite a long time to farm one, as well. I know your pain.
  11. Caixaa Elder

I'd say that I've killed more than 100 Plaguebringers till I got 1 drop... and named doesn't pop every time... so to be honest I've lost the times I did the HA... though I never finished em, so I didn't have lockout and I could repeat the task.
    It has been always this poor drop rate. Keep going Zantor, eventually you will get it
  12. Mintalie Augur

I, too, was one of the sad pandas who had to run this HA more than 120 times to get my aug. Since it's a must-have for my class, I definitely believe it would be appropriate to increase the drop rate. Hang in there. You will get it. You'll just have to suffer for it.
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.
  13. Zantor Augur

Well it sure feels like I am hanging in there, to bad its a noose around my neck:p
  14. TibalMurphy Elder

well...i guess i was lucky lol, i got it the literally first time i did seeking refuge...im a BST that uses Evo...but i dont have the specialize skill so its worthless to me but i still have it rotting in bags just so i can link it to wizzies to show it really does exist.
  15. svann Augur

I wonder if they might have an anti-camp code. Like if you quit without finishing the task then run it again right away the splinter drop rate is reduced.
  16. Axxius Augur

You are completing the task? If so then that's your problem. To farm the aug, do the fastest one (Seeking Refuge), and only do it to spawn the named, then drop it and redo. It's not that bad when you go through attempts quickly.
    What matters is not how many hours you spend but how many named you kill. RNG can be evil, but you need to focus on the efficiency too.
  17. Zantor Augur

Well atm I am not completing the task, most of them coins are from DH HA's I used to grind before they killed them.