Spells

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Kaylis, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Kaylis New Member

I have been back for about a week now and haven't played in over 14 years or so. Currently I am boxing 3 characters on FV. . a SK. Wizard and a Sham. I am finding it really hard to keep the plat that I have been collecting which isn't a lot for my level 30's. I am burning thru the plat on spells which seems to cost more than I am taking in. My question is do I need to collect every single spell for my level for the Wiz or Sham or just buy the important ones like the portals? I usually just concentrate on the SK and use the Shaman- Wizard sparingly and have them leach the xp.
  2. Yruc Augur

Spells are expensive. You don't have to buy each and every one of them. Just buy the important ones as you will level pretty fast.

You may want to see what types of lower level tradeskills items sell for a lot of money and farm that stuff. I know on some servers, things like chunk of meat / ice of velious can sell very well and drop off low level mobs which hardly anyone farms which is why they are so expensive...

At 30's you can head to rathe mountains in the old world and farm the crap out of the hill giants and get xp while doing it :)
  3. Kaylis New Member

Thanks Yruc. I will head over there and do that.
  4. Geroblue Augur

Also the white rats on the North side of Blightfire. Be careful of the Moor walker, its very tough. /con red to my 30-40 level toons.

Hug the outside crater wall, go past the crater wall opening, then you will see the rats. Fine Pancreas is good for plat.
  5. Sagarmatha Augur

Also, be sure to check /barter before you sell anything to a vendor. Players are set up to buy all kinds of things.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare, Fittirc and Quatr like this.
  6. Fittirc New Member

This! This 100%! I'm a returning player and wish I would have known about this earlier. You can /barter during med breaks wherever you are and sell tradeskill items on the spot to players. Things that would sell to vendors for a few pieces of copper to gold will sell to players for 10-100's of plat. I was farming in Blackfeather roost and had about a stack of fresh meat that sells for a copper to a vendor. Open up the barter and found that someone was buying them for 2,000 plat each. Make sure you check barter!
    Sagarmatha likes this.
  7. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

With regard to giants, everyone forgets about static sand giants that are in one of the Deserts of Ro (either the southwest part of North Ro or the northwest part of South Ro (never can remember which). They are lower level but drop plat along the same lines as the giants in Rathe Mountains.

By the same token, check vendors before you sell anything on /barter. There are tons of people who offer to buy items for less than what vendors will; typically these people are making money off of people who don't want to take the time to travel to a vendor and back to their camp.
    Fittirc likes this.