Spell Research on Agnarr

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Linea, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Linea New Member

A lot of people have been asking about spell research on Agnarr. The following is from my own experimentation on what works and does not work. I'm a wizard, so I focused on those aspects.

Classic research
    Creating practice runes: The gypsy in North Karana that gives the Concordance of Research does not exist. Combining components for practice runes does not work in a Spell Research Kit.
    Classic spell combines: Combining runes, words, pages, etc does not work in a Spell Research Kit.
    Conclusion: Classic research, in any form, does not work.

New Research
    I was able to level by making Vials of Pure Water from 21 - 45 as detailed at this page: http://www.almarsguides.com/eq/Tradeskills/progression/expansions/Classic/Research/
    The research vendors also sell stiff, crude and rough hides and all of the components for cleansing them. This will be slightly cheaper than Vials of Pure Water, but Pristine Rough Hides trivial at 40.
    Past that, you'll need components that are dropped. Hides are dropped by level appropriate casters. Components for Vials of XYZ seem harder to come by.

Creating Spells
    You can create classic spells (For example Project Lightning - http://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_item.php?item=8915&menustr=035000000000) in the usual fashion, but spells from other Eras don't work.
    Stash McWhalen likes this.
  2. Adonhiram Augur

From Classic to Luclin, if Agnarr has same rules as other prog servers, you'll be able to train Research to 243 by doing the "chemical" combines, as there is no researchable spell, including rare level 60 Luclin ones, which will trivial that high. You can do this already in classic era as the ingredients should be on your NPC spell research vendors from start.

But from PoP onwards (I forgot which expansion at Agnarr is supposed to stop, LDoN or later ?) you'll be unable to research in-expansion spells, the +3 expansions rule will apply. Some people say there are exceptions to the +3 rule, I admit I was too lazy to test every PoP recipe (on Ragefire where PoP opened 2 weeks ago).

So basically, you'll need the skill only for the classic class spells which can only be researched and for Luclin launch to feed your priests with RGC and your chanters with KEI. In the grand scheme of things :)
    Stash McWhalen likes this.
  3. Kahna Augur

You only need spells for classic, the 3 expansion back thing starts in Kunark. You won't be able to craft KEI or RGC.
  4. Adonhiram Augur

I don't think so Kahna, unless spell research rules are different on Agnarr. On Ragefire right now, I am still able to craft the level 60 Luclin spells, I did GSS and KEI a few days ago for returning guildies.