Speculation - new Darkpaw game?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Skuz, Jul 4, 2023.

1. Brontus EQ Player Activist

This kind of dedication is very rare these days. Imagine how amazing EQ could have been be with passionate developers like this at the helm and in the trenches. Let's hope that creative director of the new project will hire people like Dzarn. I'd love to play in a new Norrath before I die.
  2. Bobokin Augur

If any new Everquest game is handled like EQ1 has in the last five years ... no thanks.

Much of what made Everquest so great when it was launched is gone.
    Andarriel and Brontus like this.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Dzarn is one of the good ones, he is responsable for the Epic retelling quests, he has a great knowledge of EQ lore......Anyone who gives us a quest with the New Freeport on fire has to be a great guy....he also likes hats.

Rain of Fear, Shards Landing Murder mission and raid was also one of his, had the pleasure of beta testing the mission with him once. :)
    Brontus, Nennius and Skuz like this.
  4. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Instead of pouring money into other games they should pour more money into EQ1 since that were they get the bulk of the $$$ from. Im eq1 for life i never went to eq2 and the only time i went to different game was to play on the playstation Champions of Norrath and its sequel both were good but to short more like diablo eq themed.
  5. Brontus EQ Player Activist

I checked this guy out in in varous Meet the Dev interviews still hosted on this site and he's outstanding. He would be a great candidate for the creative director for a new incarnation of EverQuest.
  6. Spacemonkey555 Augur

Lack of competition? Lack of alternative home entertainment like streaming?

Yeah, that's gone forever. 90% of what people wax nostalgic about was absolutely terrible. Most of what made EQ bearable in the early days was just other people.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This is my greatest fear with them making a new EQ. We once again lose the good guys from this game. While it would be fantastic for the new EQ, the old would suffer in return.
    Spacemonkey555 likes this.
  8. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Just to note. Dzarn no longer works for daybreak. Along with TrueNorth and Accendo recent departures.
    Marton likes this.
  9. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I'll miss you Dzarn. Your content was always so much fun.
    MasterMagnus and Skuz like this.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Thats not good, no wonder code has gone to pot.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I hope for nothing but the best for all former EQ Alumni, they've all made contributions to this grand old game.
    Nennius and MasterMagnus like this.
  12. Angahran Augur

Been saying this for probably 20 years.
    So many failed projects all funded by EQ :(
    Andarriel likes this.
  13. Burdi Augur

There have been close to no competition until recently on the market of challenging high fantasy online game.
    Pantheon has been under development for more than 10 years.
    It is questionable if they are actually planning to deliver anything.
    But it seems that Monster and Memories could release something interesting with a very low key setup.
    Technology is much simpler to implement those days, it is possible that a team of passionate and dedicated people could produce something that fit the bill.
    That would be healthier to get a bit more choice on that market.
    As for Eq I don’t know what would be more beneficial between putting serious effort to modernize their infrastructure or to start from scratch.
    I might keep playing EQ1 for many reason even with a shiny EQ next next available.