Specialize Evocation aug still worth it?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Metanis, Jun 30, 2021.

1. kizant Augur

If you're going to do a parse like that try to eliminate as much of the randomness as possible. Get rid of your fire focus and mana preservation and debuff the dummy or use a low level one so there's no resists.
    Sancus likes this.
  2. Zalamyr Augur

Most of your variance there is just from EQ being random.

Luckily, spell damage is pretty easy to math out. Depends on exact spell weave, burn stuff activated, etc...but my quick napkin math, 120 spell damage is probably around 250ish dps baseline, up to a bit over 1k during a hard burn.
  3. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

Of course, DPS is variable. The DPS was close enough in all 3 tests I really wasn't concerned. What I was most interested in was total spells casts before I ran out of of mana.

With no mana preservation augs, 322 casts. With the Splinter of Potency, 373 casts. With the Bixie Summoning Stone/Splinter of Potency, 394 casts. I just found it interesting. Now to be fair, I would have to do each test multiple times.
  4. Tucoh Augur

Those numbers feel about right. The augs are extremely good for a type7 slot when you're trying to avoid mana attrition and useless otherwise.
    Sancus likes this.
  5. Chaosflux Augur

Losing dps to gain total damage is good actually since on extended durations total damage > all.