Speaking of maps...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jael, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Jael New Member

Win 7 had to be reinstalled on my computer and I had to completely re-install Everquest in order to get game up and running BUT although have all the maps on my computer in the old files, I can't bring them up in the new install. Actually I can't find the new install in my win explorer....have Sony in old Public Documents with files but..... can someone advise me what I am doing wrong? Thanks, Jaelithian, 105 Wizard
  2. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

If I recall..

Old school path = C: program Files /Sony/Everquest

New school path= C:Users/public/Daybreakgamecompany etc
  3. Orbital101 Augur

On the patcher window at the bottom left there is a gear that you can click for option. Click on it and choose open files folder or what ever it is call. The folder for that patcher will open. Make sure that you are not logged in or you wont see the gear.

Try my map pack at tinyurl.com/eqmappack ;)
  4. Ybidzian New Member

I remember when there were no maps. Then there were maps, and there was much rejoicing. Why on earth aren't we given maps of every zone in the way we used to be? Why is everyone forced to go thrun the rigmarole of downloading from Mapfiend, Brewall's or EQResouce etc.....get with it Daybreak and provide some maps for every zone pls.
  5. Smokezz The Bane Crew

True old school is c:\Program Files\Everquest - Mines still there, but I did move it to c:\Program Files (x86)\Everquest just to be ... correct with 32bit vs. 64bit. I don't reinstall EQ, ever. The files just move from computer to computer.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Flash drives work well to store maps. Or just all of EQ. I hate trying to get each UI or window how it used to be.