Spawn time/chance of named spawn VP key/Epic quest mobs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Forbidden, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Forbidden New Member

Ok, now that everyone is about to be 60, they wonna do their epic quest or VP key ofcourse. In that matter people have to go do silly camps in order to get that. Now its just at a point where its completely , since people bunch in groups at one spawn, kill stealing each other to get their part. Some spawns you'd be lucky to see the named after 8-10 hours. By the time one person get their epic or vp key, the expansion is over, so why bother? Theres only 3 months to complete, and by seeing how things are now, I think most people will just skip epics or vp keys due to the competition. All the people wanting to go to VP, would like a few weeks to get loot because of lockdown, but this isnt really gonna happen when the situation is as mentioned above.

FIX PLEASE BEFORE ITS TOO LATE.
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

If only someone would of posted about this issue 3 years ago....
  3. HicksSelos Elder

Oh Hi OP I guess this is your first TLP?

You'll still see just as busy spawn camps into velious and beyond - Enjoy :)
  4. Forbidden New Member

This is not my first TLP, but my point is that, spawns has to be adapted to the population, and not be as it once was. There are alot more people online at a time these days than there ever was back in 1999-2000. In that matter the spawns has to be in synch
  5. Atabishii Elder

It depends on what you think is fun. To me doing the VP key while it is the most contested is what makes the keying process fun. The vp key being so contested and not a gimmie is what makes finishing the key satisfying, and what makes going to VP that much better. Kunark already lacks raid content as is, if the VP key and epics were just super simple this would be a very very boring expansion.

Just because YOU want things to be insanely easy and simple, doesn't mean that everyone else does. There are people on both sides and DBG recognizes that.
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

Atabishi has a point and the reason it's worth heeding is because vp is entirely skipable. The loot just isn't that good in general. Get your epics and all that other good stuff and you'll be fine. The casual player doing vp key just doesn't even make sense. It's far too toxic.
  7. suineg Lorekeeper

Not only does it feel like this is your first TLP but it’s painfully obvious you didn’t play Live when this was current content.

Not only did the servers have just as many people, if not more, there weren’t DZ’s to alleviate some of the blocks.
  8. qweasy Augur

Feel free to go play on Ragefire or Lockjaw then. The newer servers were made to not have to deal with like that.
  9. qweasy Augur

Not sure that's true and even if it was it's misleading. The vast majority of players on TLPs are raiders trying to do all the content whereas the people trying to do VP keys or epics in era back in the day was a very small minority.
    edit: we also have 1/4 to 1/12 the amount of time to do them.
  10. HoodenShuklak Augur

Yes and no.

It feels like there should be something for the hardcore player top chase after. The thing that makes vp unique is that is like that final 5% polish that takes 80% more effort. So you really can skip. But at the same time it gives that high end raider something to keep logging in for.

On agnarr it was clear that if there wasn't some competitive aspect to eq then certain players just quit.

So you end up with what atabishi said, finding some balance. I think that's why many of us like eq. It's not perfect right now. And I certainly do think the vp key needs work. But I also appreciate the diverse population.
  11. Ishbu Augur

This would be a very valid point if the poster wasnt well known in game for being one of those pick over take whatever from whomever was there already players.

Yes its allowed on TLPs, but it's still a jerk move so all I can get out of the post is being a jerk to others is what makes things fun for them
  12. Kappel New Member

Keep in mind the expansion hasn't been out for 2 weeks yet. As people get keys the competition for key pieces should go down. Also if your upset about people being 'competitive' at camp wait until you get some trak kills with 6 teeth. The open world key parts wont be whats holding you back from VP. It will be teeth.
  13. Tierdal Augur

enjoy classic or play selos...you have choices
  14. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Why keep using classic as a cop out? Is Selo's losing players that you need to ask for more folks to join it?

• Classic was like 15 - 20 servers to spread the population out
    • Player power was limited compared to a current TLP
    • Every player knows the spawns and quests on where to go
    • We got AOCs to fix the raid bottlenecks
    • We got /picks to fix the server population bloat per popular areas
    Stands to reason people are just asking for quality of life changes that make the game better not worse.
    Without people making suggestions and complaints against 100% stupid game designs that were never meant for the current environment the TLP experience would have ended at RF & LJ and those toxic servers.
    Aneuren likes this.
  15. suineg Lorekeeper

It’s the hypocrisy of people wanting “classic” but absolutely zero of the things that slowed people down.

It’s just so tiring to see posts and posts and posts about how we NEED the classic experience followed up immediately with begging for changes to hand them gear and items.

You listed a TON of improvements that should keep most players happy yet it’s still not good enough. I mean it’s called an EPIC for crying out loud but heaven forbid you need to work for it or be contested in any way.
    code-zero likes this.
  16. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Classic experience, like I said above there is zero classic about any TLP.

No one thinks an EPIC is hard, they just know it's locked behind a stupid game play design that was meant for a very different time.

Fast forward to TLP era, you've got a few hundred people in each class all getting into a line to get an EPIC done the only hard part being is who is going to employ the most 3rd party tools in order to camp, pickup or sock a spawn afk.

No one wants to work against some other player or program that has a 24/7 schedule in order to accomplish content. AOCs for raids has proven that already.

EQ proved that as well way back in the day as well as they went from #1 in market share to no where quite quickly. The only real saving factor for EQ was a lot of us enjoyed some facets of this game in terms of lore, items and playing at a slow pace compared to the button smashing of newer games.
  17. Xanathol Augur

There really should be a server just for people that like to warp to mobs and charm gate them away, then people that enjoy griefing could grief each other there.
  18. Meredyth Augur

You people that are constantly asking for changes are ruining the game.

Epics and quests like the VP key require planning and effort, or at least they used to until TLP players complained so much that now completing one gives the same feeling of accomplishment as finding the prize in a Cracker Jack box. You actually had to plan how to get things done, where to go when, which spawns to camp in what order, which ones were contested bottlenecks that needed attention ASAP and which could wait until the bottlenecks were done, learning spawn timers and tracking spawn times, making friends to help you monitor stuff and have the force to take things down when needed.

It required planning teamwork knowledge and effort and really made you feel epic when all that planning came together and you manage to get the first few epics on a server. Nowadays all I see are threads complaining that anything that requires effort is too hard, you play an MMORPG and then complain that other players exist and that you have to plan around that fact and then ask the devs to make everything easier so that it is not a game anymore. The devs have already made tons of changes and it is never enough and never will be until all classes start with epic and VP key already and then everyone quits because they are bored and have nothing to do. Oh and why are XP rates so slow devs?????
    Ishbu likes this.
  19. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Epics and VP key = planning and effort? :rolleyes:
    All these items currently do is breed the lowest common person to camp those items to re-sell them.

If you enjoy that type of competition against unlimited time folks or worse their bot scripts than enjoy. The rest of us want to play the content not play against the 24/7 farmer / bot in order to accomplish content. Nothing breeds more skill than watching an 8 hour spawn that 10 other people are watching....

In 1999 - 2001 it was far simpler to achieve an epic than it currently is, just because you were competing with far less folks overall per server. I'll simply buy the epics my friends want because it's easier to gain 20 - 40 krono in a week of messing around than it is to spend countless hours watching spawns against scripts and bot like players looking to sell you those items anyhow.
    Starr likes this.
  20. suineg Lorekeeper

The proper thing to combat bots and scripts which according to you the only thing holding people back is not to change the quests but to defeat the hacks.