Spawn rate bug?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by sprinder, Apr 3, 2014.

1. sprinder New Member

So I decided to roll a new Erudite necro and when I entered Toxxulia today there are way more mobs than normal. Strangely, it appears to be limited to the area north of the river.

Someone in general suggested updating my video driver, so I zone to POK, logged, updated the driver, restarted, and went back. Still seeing a crazy amount of mobs north of the river.

Could this really be related to a PC issue, or is there something else going on here. Currently on Trakanon server.
  2. Tharrg Augur

That would be a pathing bug... the mobs are probally getting stuck in their pathing.
  3. Lighteningrod Augur

Reported in the bug thread, but Feerrott, Innothule and Nektulous are doing the same thing.
  4. Moobak No slaughter without laughter

There is a section of the commonlands that is the same way, Qeynos Hills also. It isn't a pathing bug of mobs getting hung up in an area. There are enough mobs to lag my computer down in the areas. There are several hundred mobs there, and the rest of the zone has normal mobs up as well. So it isn't like all the mobs in the zone are concentrated in one area. There are just flat out more mobs in certain patches of "newbie" zones in the old world.
  5. Chandrok Augur

There is definitely some odd behavior with excessive spawns in some zones at the moment. We're looking into the issue.
  6. Rauven Augur

You sure it's an issue? It makes those zones pretty tempting to level in aside from the tutorial. I think its just limited to Newbie zones too.

Toxuulia, Commonlands, Shadeweavers Thicket, Ferrott, ect.
  7. EightBitTony Journeyman

Mobs insta-respawn in those spots as well, I killed a bunch of stuff all standing in the exact same spot in the Commonlands (I /bugged it), and they all respawned within seconds. They didn't path to that spot, they just spawned there.
  8. Borek-VS Augur

It's definitely a problem. At that volume, mobs path on top of each other, which makes a) level appropriate characters suffer from surprise aggro; and b) massive lag.
  9. Rauven Augur

I don't think these mobs are social. If they are... Temp and DS will take care of that. Until the mobs grey out lol.
  10. Lighteningrod Augur

The skellies most certainly are KoS. 20 or 30 or 50 of them will do quite a job on a level appropriate character.