Spammers and PL sellers

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Sumoldfogy, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Sumoldfogy New Member

I think I am about done with everquest, tried various TLP servers and all are tainted with Power Level Spammers.. Nothing gets done about them, and your only option is to /ignore them as they make new accounts to advertise with another name.

Seems fair that 1,000+ people should have to ignore a spammer roughly 5 times on a normal day, than for ONE GM to log in and whack the guys account right?

In short, this is a GM problem. Not enough GM's to take time and fix the # 1 reason why people don't like playing this game.. Real Money Transfer SPAM.

I guess it's overwatch till something better comes along.

Peace out folks. been a great run
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Its the TLP servers. Nothing in the last 12 hours on live server I play on, not even a wts chase loot for 8 krono.
    moogs likes this.
  3. Aziuno Augur

Don't you put that on me Ricky Bobby!

Phinny is fine.

Must be that wanna be server - Coirnav.
  4. haaaalp Augur

Parcel me your gear before you ragequit.
    moogs likes this.
  5. Febb Augur

Leave General Chat and create another General community channel where people can join. Make sure to put a password on it so you have moderation control of the channel. When the moderators see the spam they can kick/ban them.
  6. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I don't like DBG's uneven enforcement of it's own policies. Why would I subject myself to the whims of some random player?

If DBG doesn't do something about spammers, then spammers must not be doing anything wrong.
  7. Febb Augur

I'd rather worry about someone else being a moderator of a channel than to look at spam all day long.
  8. Flatchy Court Jester

If that is the worse thing you got to about , life must be pretty good.
  9. svann Augur

We do see PL sellers on Bristlebane but its no where near bad enough to report as spam.
  10. Conq Augur

Haven't seen spam PL or plat sellers in months on Tunare. I like it.
    Conq
  11. Whipper Journeyman

Lol, Overwatch.
  12. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

But I think it's the same single person. I imagine he just figured out his box setup (or maybe his bot setup) and is trying to make back some of the plat he spent getting himself geared. I imagine he'll get bored and move on eventually.

If he doesn't get bored, then there is a market for their services and they deserve to be there and advertising as much as anybody else who sells stuff in /general (which is the ONLY way to trade on Live servers, since the /baz is capped).
  13. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This thread is mildly entertaining. Thanks for that.
  14. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Are you sure the #1 thing people don't like about EQ isn't whiny I'm quitting threads on the forums?
    Flatchy likes this.
  15. Hadesborne Augur

See Dythan, this is where you are wrong. You are playing Forum-Quest and yes, that IS the most hated thing about Forum-Quest. Second most hated is, of course, troll complaints about people wanting to quit over in game crap.