Spam filter has gotten out of hand

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Wisp, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Wisp Lorekeeper

Right now the spam filter is significantly choking communications for most of our members. We need to be able to disable it entirely until you transfer complete control of it to the individual accounts. Even in private channels up to half of messages on some nights are going to spam.

Whether this is due to the efforts of some dedicated trolls marking stuff as spam or something about your filter that broke I couldn't say, but it has grown from an occasional nuisance to significantly hampering everyday conversations.

Direct tells to people on each other's friends' list are not going through as often as they are.
    Xyroff-cazic. and Laynie like this.
  2. Snack Augur

I agree.
  3. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

The spam filter is far worse than the spam it purports to protect us from. Disable it entirely or let me do so!
  4. Funk Augur

It's absurd how many tells get filtered, I agree there should be a way to disable if desired.
  5. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

You can disable your personal spam filter. Change the setting here from Hide to Show:

[IMG]

Instead of totally filtering them out, the flagged messages will show up in game as {SPAM} and you can click to show them. Then you can at least see the messages yourself, and tell the victim of the chat algorithm they are marked as spam. The issue is the default setting is Hide, and people get marked as Spam much, much too easily by EQ's algorithm. Default should be Show, and then players can just individually /ignore anyone that deserves it.
    Funk likes this.
  6. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

While better than absolutely nothing, this is a seriously half- workaround that is infuriating during combat. And it relies on everybody else having changed their setting if you hope to communicate with them. Not a fix.

DBG, just disable the broken spam filter until you have time to fix it. No gold farmers even bother to spam EQ anymore, since so few people play it and the price of kronos is artificially capped by the broken /baz! The only "spam" I have seen in the past year is actual, important messages!
  7. Warzon Elder

Agreed, the other issue is you cannot change where the message goes that you clicked on, as in, it won't go to the window you've dedicated to tells, it instead goes to the main window, which because of how much @#$@#$^@!#$% spam they've added in without adding filters for, is minimized and invisible to most people.

I sincerely wish they would roll back all these changes to five or six years ago. The spam is out of control. My log files for two weeks of play are 25 GIGS. Twenty Five. Gigabytes.
  8. Windance Augur

I totally agree.

Issue #1 - If you login with out using the patcher your total play time is not calculated correctly so you can not claim veteran rewards and have zero playtime.

Issue #2 - Spam filter is using something like playtime or patcher flag to determine if you are likely a spammer which increases the chances of them marking your text as spam considerably.

Issue #3 - DB is ignoring the complaints of their user base on this issue. Just look at the number of threads on this topic .