Soulbanshee's Parsers vNext

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Soulbanshee, Oct 7, 2022.

1. Soulbanshee Augur

I have expanded my parsers with new missing spells and achievements parser to go along with the existing tradeskill parser. I have re-uploaded the file so there is a new Google drive link to download from.

The tradeskill parser got a complete overhaul while I was going over it, and a hand performance check for 1 character parsing all tradeskills ran approximately 30% faster on my computer. I ran verification across all the functions, but if you find any data errors, functional errors, or bad data please send me a PM so I may correct it.

The old settings file is not supported by the new parser format, you must start from a fresh directory and reset your parser options.

Please do not rehost, redistribute, relink, modify and only for personal usage. Script, materials, inputs, or generated files may not be used in any method soliciting or generating any compensation. See the User Guide for the software agreement, usage and instructions.

User Guide

What don't the parsers do:
    • Does not access EverQuest account information or character associations
    • Does not modify EverQuest client, game files or game experience
    • Does not access or modify EverQuest memory data
    • Does not access or modify EverQuest network transmissions
    • Does not send anything to an outside source or access anything from an outside source
    • Does not retain anything about your system other than saving the selected folder paths in the settings file that allow the script to run without prompting each time
    Parser Download

All Parsers
    New feature added:
    • All parsers support searching multiple selected directories for output files.
    Tradeskill Parser 3.0
    New feature added:
    • May now select both EQ Traders and ZAM recipe links to be output together across all file formats.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

Feature update, same links.

User Guide

Parser Download

Achievement Parser 1.1
    New feature added:
    HTML
    • Added achievement part search, max parts, and changed include optional to show complete part.
    • Applied alpha sort to Collections and Hunter.
    Tradeskill Parser 3.1
    New feature added:
    HTML
    • Added a displayed recipe count when filtering.
    Nennius, Metanis and Zunnoab like this.
  3. tanyarn911 New Member

Any Night of Shadows recipe updates?
  4. Soulbanshee Augur

A combination of getting recipe IDs verified, player sites adding/updating recipes, and a rewrite of my tooling to be more streamlined for maintenance and removing legacy fluff has caused a refresh of the recipe files to go long. I'm getting some data set back up to give me a clean output, probably some time this week if I can get time to finish it up.
    Zunnoab and Elyssanda like this.
  5. Soulbanshee Augur

Feature update, same links. Just as a refresher, between expansions as I prepare the files, new recipes will be reflected in your learned count if you look up the recipes manually to make them.

User Guide

Parser Download

Tradeskill Parser 3.2
    • Added NoS recipes.
    New feature added:
    All
    • Added missing freebie recipe count.
    Shea, Metanis, Fanra and 1 other person like this.
  6. Soulbanshee Augur

User Guide

Parser Download

Achievement Parser 1.2
    New features added:
    HTML
    • Split Vanity into custom subcategories:
      • Vanity - Animals
      • Vanity - Heritage Crates
      • Vanity - Hero's Forge
    • Added achievement search
    • Added hidden Vanity achievements
    • Added alpha sort to Vanity
    • Added points display for achievements
  7. Soulbanshee Augur

User Guide

Parser Download

Achievement Parser 1.3
    New feature added:
    HTML
    • Added achievement descriptions.
    Missing Spell Parser 1.1
    New feature added:
    HTML
    • Added link to ZAM spells search.
    Zunnoab and Metanis like this.
  8. Soulbanshee Augur

New parser added, same links.

User Guide

Parser Download

Special AA Parser 1.0
    • Reads in multiple characters achievement status and aggregates into an HTML file with filter selections
    • Will only list achievements that at least one of the characters is missing whose reward grants Banestrike, Hero's Barracks, Hero's Fortitude/Resolution/Vitality, or Trophy Collector
    Zunnoab, Metanis and Fanra like this.
  9. Radiotortoise New Member

Are there any modifications you've made to enable this script for Linux? I've gone as far as I can to make it work, but have run against a wall.
  10. Soulbanshee Augur

I work with a minimum version of PowerShell 5 which is not a cross-platform version, and some .NET dependencies based off what is available in 4.8 also not cross-platform. I did not want to add extra steps of requiring users to have to manually install anything newer (as PowerShell 5 and .NET 4.8 are native in Windows 10), so I have not done any testing with or code work to support any other versions. Also, to keep compatiibilty with Windows 7 since the game still does, which doesn't support anything newer than those. The scripting is pretty specific on the assumption of Windows file and registry paths.

EverQuest being a Windows app, I would be spending a ton of time to attempt to make it cross platform for what is likely a very tiny community of Linux users. I don't know anything about Linux emulation to be any help getting any of those libraries working with it.

Someone else has been running a web app for tradeskill parsing which get's you comparable end results as my parser.
    http://eqrecipes.free.fr/
    Zunnoab likes this.
  11. Soulbanshee Augur

User Guide

Parser Download

Achievement Parser 1.4
    • Added achievement descriptions for Laurion's Song.
    New feature added:
    HTML
    • Achievements will indent to match the display in game.
    Special AA Parser 1.0
    • Added Laurion's Song special AAs.
    Tradeskill Parser 3.2
    • Added Laurion's Song recipes.
    Zunnoab, Metanis and Act of Valor like this.
  12. Soulbanshee Augur

Bug fix, same links.

User Guide

Parser Download

Tradeskill Parser 3.2.1
    HTML
    • Fixed the Javascript typo preventing the output page from running.
    Zunnoab and Fanra like this.
  13. Soulbanshee Augur

New parser added, same links.

User Guide

Parser Download

Collectibles Share Parser 1.0
    • Reads in multiple characters uncollected status.
    • Parses against guildbank, inventory, and realestate outputfiles and aggregates into an HTML file with filter selection. Only the last modified inventory file in each EQ directory will have shared bank checked as I am unable to distinguish between accounts and will assume one account per directory to make it less complex.
    • This can be used to parse your own characters against your own inventories, but this parser is geared towards players sharing the uncollected status with another player to parse against their inventory to share collectibles.
    If there appears to be any issues with the output of the collectibles share parser, send me a PM on these forums or email me though email is mainly unmonitored so any response back may be slow. If there is any feedback to make this parser more effective, you can send that too, though the data I am able to work with is limited to what is contained within the outputfiles so may or may not be feasible, and as long as it doesn't make the PowerShell overly complex.
    Fanra, Metanis and Nennius like this.
  14. Soulbanshee Augur

User Guide

Parser Download

Achievement Parser 1.4.1
    HTML
    • Optimized parsing resulted in running approximately 50% faster on my machine.
    Collectibles Share Parser 1.1
    New features added:
    HTML
    • Added achievement category name and filter.
    • Added server to real estate name.
    • Added server filter. Server filter will cascade to the character drop down and only show locations and characters on that server in the results.
    • RealEstate outputfile may be added to CollectiblesFiles folder to include others shared houses in the parse.
    Missing Spell Parser 1.2
    New feature added:
    HTML
    • Added server filter. Server filter will cascade to the character drop down and only show characters on that server in the results.
    Special AA Parser 1.1
    New feature added:
    HTML
    • Added server filter. Server filter will cascade to the character drop down and only show characters on that server in the results.
    Nennius likes this.