Sorry for another thread

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Thomasofold, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Thomasofold Elder

I posted a forum issue Im having in the bug reports section, thought forum bugs counted.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ill-can-only-create-threads-not-reply.269945/

The jist is I can make threads but not reply. I might try making a new account to post other than that I have done everything I can think of. I basically did everything I did If I couldnt log into a game like this one or d2 (stuff like flushing DNS) Im not very tech savy so Im not really sure how to attack this.

The buttons are there but its like they are fake, they do nothing. I have ensured Im trying to post in an active thread, sorry I cant respond in my own thread where people where trying to help, I think I addressed all their questions.

I think if someone wants they can follow me, I'll follow back and then I think I can send them messages.

Heres a link to an image of what I see https://ibb.co/9w3ZmfB
  2. Duder Augur

Interesting that in starting a new thread it works. I wonder if it is a setting you have enabled in your browser(s) or perhaps a windows security setting since it seems to span numerous browsers for you.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Try making a new account just for posting. It would be free anyway and the easiest first step to troubleshoot this.

But it sounds to me like some sort of pop up blocker.

You said "I cant not use internet explorer on this computer. Its slow beyond being able to use."And that your using Chrome. Very possible the ad blocker or some script stopper is running. I don't use Chrome so can't advice you where to change the settings for that but should be a "tools" section or "customize/controls" somewhere on it. Plus I am curious what version of Windows you are using and if its a laptop?

If not the controls in Chrome then look to what your windows program has running like Duder says. Windows ad blocker/firewall or any anti virus program can restrict things.

It appears you were able to post fine a few years ago. Have you recently returned or is this a new computer? Added any programs like firewalls, anti virus, ad or pop up blockers.
    dreamweaver and Duder like this.
  4. Thomasofold Elder

This is a test (posting with opera)
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

So that is a reply??? Looks like it is your browser if it is cause switching to Opera allows you to post.

It might be your settings in Chrome - some one else is having problems with security notifications using Chrome with a Chrome provided ad blocker