Sorry but this cannot work ... (Phinigel)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by nostalgicfool, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Leex Pewpewer

You must not remember correctly, Phinny doesn't have slower EXP then 2002. I was there as well and I remember it taking forever to level. It's just been a lot of years and you've forgotten how bad it was.

Phinny is the closest server to the original xp rate, but it's still faster then original.
  2. yerm Augur

Original xp doesn't work because this is not the orginal pre-2004 game. New players are not checking out the hottest MMO on the market that is everquest. Nobody is in awe of the graphics. Nothing is new. It's a cynical view but it's reality. We don't want original xp rates. People who claim they want original xp rates probably don't want original xp rates when faced with playing in it. Original xp rates were coupled with original players.

People suggesting they want original xp need to take a good soulsearching look at whether it's original xp rates they truly want or if it's actually the original leveling community of a vibrant mmo that they want, and whether or not artificially slow xp will actually do that despite the near total void of any kind of fresh everquest blood on these servers. Hauling out original source code and recreating a server that is the literal perfect duplicate of the 1999 game exactly as it was will not come anywhere even remotely close to recreating the actual FEEL of 1999 everquest gameplay. That ship has long since sailed, and the sooner we optimize what's left and not fancifully rave about abysmal level grinds few actually enjoy the better off we'll all be.
  3. Truthfire Lorekeeper

That's a lot of words to say "You can't go home again."
  4. nostalgicfool Augur

s
    Yeap honestly doing my job in a Lguk group is quite easier than soloing yellows ... Keep people buffed, debuf resist, slow hard hitters, slow mezzed mob, cannidance and throw some occasional heals or roots.

I wonder why i would be heavily penalized because i wish to solo, let's half of my time.