"Soothing the Spirits" (Veil of Alaris) quest bug

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Trebla7th, Oct 17, 2023.

1. Trebla7th Augur

Referenced quest - Soothing the Spirits :: Quests :: EverQuest :: ZAM (allakhazam.com)

All testing on Aradune server (in era) at level 93-95. Tested on 2 characters, same results on both.

During this quest, sometimes when you turn in the water to the spirits, you get a message that the spirit gets angry and attacks you. There are two issues I currently see with this:
    • Despite the message, the spirit doesn't actually attack you, but turns into a soothed spirit
    • It eats your vial of water and does not update the quest that the turn in was successful
    I am taking the quest write-up at face value that you are supposed to actually get attacked by the spirit upon a failed turn in and that it should return the water vial to you as well.
    I'm not sure if you can get more water (haven't had a chance to try yet), but even if so, the above appears to be a bug in the quest.
  2. Trebla7th Augur

Update: You can request more water from the quest giver, so maybe that's a good enough workaround for now. Still appears not to behave as intended.