Song Gems Locking Up When Using Clickies

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Jhinx, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

Pretty please, would it be possible to rectify this issue Devs?
    Tucoh likes this.
  2. Cuuthbert Augur

Does your click have a cast Timer? That is usually want causes that. Instant clickies do not cause this issue.
    Learn to make a marco that does a stopsong then fires the clickie.
  3. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

I appreciate the suggestion Cuuthbert. I am seeking a resolution so we do not have to use work arounds if at all possible.
  4. Buri Augur

We've had this issue with the epic clicky ever since it came out... they did do some tweaking on it a couple of years ago, and it's far better than it was, but still it sticks sometimes.
    What I ended up doing was just stopping my melody for all but instant clicks, and made it a habit. I have melody on my 1 key, so it's super easy to just hit 1-click-1
    Ferriciean likes this.
  5. Funky Augur

i've had to do the same as what some have said here....

make a hotkey for the clickies with cast times... first line being /stopsong.... then the 2nd line click the item... some of them i would put a half a sec pause before the item is used just to account for server lag

if you dont want to make a hotkey, you can always just single click a song to stop melody and then click the item.

i've also found sometimes when songs gems lock up... if i spam a /stopsong hotkey.. it'll fix it (does not always work)
  6. Svann2 The Magnificent

Sometimes you can fade to clear song lockup. Not always.
  7. Tucoh Augur

The only surefire way to fix the song lockup that ive found is to unplug your computer's power and start drinking.
    Jennre likes this.
  8. Chorus Augur

I like making my computer watch me drink as punishment for failing me in this regard!
  9. Cuuthbert Augur

If you learn to write a social you can do the stopsong fire the clicky with a pause restart the melody and have a timer so you have a visual for when it is up again. I have these for all my clickies that I use that are not instant casting time. While it is not what you would call a fix, it is improved game play and consolidates your hotkey bars. Rather than hitting your clicky then finding your melody hot key again.

For example my epic hotkey
    /g Bard Epic In ~~~ Hit, Crits and Accuracy ~~~~
    /stopsong
    /pause 9, /useitem Blade of Vesergran
    /melody 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
    /timer 1800

It is one stop shopping to get it all rolling. The timer line will make the button red so you have a visual when the epic is available again. I have these for several of my clickies. I also include bandoliers in so for instance when I am using the DA flute from Maestro it equips the Lute and shield to give me an extra tick of DA. I also never have a problem with song lock because of this. Also since you can use the name of the item now in /useitem instead of having to worry about bag slot which was a pain, it no longer matters where it resides in your inventory.
  10. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

I get where everyone is coming from, which is a place of helping, but I am hoping for a way to fix this, rather than having a workaround for every non-instant clicky a bard might use.

Me: "Look there's a huge pothole. I'm going to call the city and get it filled"

Others: "If you drive up on Bob's lawn you can dodge it."

Me: "Or, we could just fill the friggin pothole that's been there for years."
    Jennre likes this.
  11. Jennre Band Leader

I agree with this. Yes, most of us have macros for this issue, and when the lag surmounts on a burn, those macros don't always perform well. Nothing like hitting your burn on Rustbottom, just to have yer songs lock up for 10-20 seconds because lag prevented your hotkey from firing properly.

Insta-click epic would solve 90% of these issues, or fix the underlying issue so that Shadow Knights, and any other class experiencing this bug, dont have to camp or /quit just to unbug thier spell gems.

JennBRD
  12. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

Insta cast clickies would solve everything for sure.

I never could wrap my head around items that replicate a bard's songs with a 3.0 second cast time and a similar 3 tic duration. My VT slow clicky makes sense, even with a longer cast time, since it lasts 6+ minutes, but the Declivity drums from the same zone collect dust. If I need a song up I'll just mem it, rather than use a clicky that offers me no real advantage (wonder if they were expecting me to click it into my twist...which breaks my brain a bit), especially because it's not affected by my resonance mods/AAs. Now if they were instant cast, or had a much longer duration they would make sense, than the sole advantage being that they're there if I need a click that I don't have up.
  13. Buri Augur

Yeah, but when the pothole is still there after several years, and the city is obviously not going to fix it, you learn to drive around it.
    gnomeboss likes this.
  14. Funky Augur

the problem is this has been a problem for a long time... not just for bards, but it is most common for bard's to have song/spell gems lockup.

now that i am a SK main instead of bard, ive found that if i FD, it fixes the spell gem lockup every time... not everyone has access to that ability tho..

couldn't agree more, insta click epics would be nice but i just dont see it happening....it really sucks the few times due to a server tick or random lag spike at the start of a burn lock up your songs or being able to use any other clicky for that time
  15. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

16. Caio_Xegony Lorekeeper

I would have thought a huge disability like this would have been fixed in the 1-15 patch. Guess not. Maybe next week. Or DBG will just nerf QuickTime to where it doesn't reduce the cast time of spells anymore and call it a "fix"
  17. Chorus Augur

this isn't the quicktime issue, it's a different one that's been around forever. the QT issue is new.
  18. ibc93 Elder

Yeah this is definitely a pain. Despite niv's melody being worse on the breath of harmony than if casted, I like the ability to twist 5 songs because of it. I tied it to one of my bandolier swap macros. If use the macro after halfway through a song cast, it almost ALWAYS locks up my songbar. Even though the BoH is an insta cast. Same issue when I refresh damage shield every 15 mins with blazing vambraces. Insta click item that if I use it during latter half of song cast, it will ALWAYS lock up my songs. I've trained myself to intentionally to only use insta clickies during the 1st half of a song cast to avoid getting locked up for a few seconds.
  19. ibc93 Elder

On long duration casts like Horn of Shadows from VT or Tiny Cloak of Darkest Night, It doesn't matter. Just a simple macro, /stopsong & /useitem xyz. I don't expect those to work with melody cause of their cast timer but the insta-cast BoH & vambraces, yeah I do.
  20. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

Any movement on this?