Something for Jennifer Chan to please consider

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cronar, May 2, 2022.

1. KarmaKitty Augur

Need to add rivers, lakes and boats with all that ship to ship combat they talked about...
    Nennius likes this.
  2. Fenthen aka Rath

Jchan = Hanita???
    It's the only possible way he/she/they is/are boxing 40 characters per server and spamming every chat channel + PoK/Bazaar every-exactly-35 minutes, right?
  3. Iven the Lunatic

Not sure when you played it, but in late 2004 it was just weird. PCs only could be moved on set paths like a railway which was horrible. Even EQ clones with bad graphics were better than that.
  4. Bardy McFly Augur

I played since day 1 launch. Had great graphics even back then (personal preference - I play with SOGA models now which I also know is a touchy subject). I have no idea what you're talking about with character movement.
  5. Arkanny Augur

I played it on launch and tought the graphics were nice, but characters were a bit odd, looked like wax statues or something. It wasnt all that optimized either, ran like sh*t on a high end pc of the era.

edit: spelling
  6. Iven the Lunatic

Maybe I am mixing things up with another game or it was something from the beta phase. It is hard to recall anything from that time (18 years ago) and I had only played EQ2 for a few weeks. There was a forest with kos wolves along and beside the road that you had to pass to reach another zone. Maybe Kithicor or Nektulos Forest ? This is where this weird PC pathing happened.
  7. Bardy McFly Augur

You're probably describing Nektulos Forest. Mobs did have pathing close to the roads if that's what you meant. There were a bunch of baddies along the road heading out to the western beach/dock area which was a transport hub. This was intentional as that particular road was supposed to be dangerous for lower level players to run (the hub goes to the next harder zone in level progression). You could generally just run it and the mobs that did agro would leash by the time you were on the beach.

[IMG]
    Hobitses likes this.
  8. Iven the Lunatic

That should be it. Of course my PC was low level and I think that I even made it to the next zone from the beach which I now do remember a bit. That zone was pretty and green like a sunny day in spring so maybe it was the Enchanted Lands with the Lost Village of Bobick (docks) where the zone entry was ? I think to remember also faries being there. Just viewing some old zone connections maps and screenshots on EQ2 wiki.
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  9. Bardy McFly Augur

You're going to make me sentimentally check out EQ2 again. :p That's another game though that all my friends that used to play moved on from the game. :(