Some Rare drop ites drops so much

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sycopata, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Catashe Augur

well first EQ doesn't work like that.. Mobs SPAWN(you don't kill a mob then the game decides what items it will drop) with the items its gonna drop other than that.. ya mostly right ;)
  2. Demetri Augur

The zone restriction nonsense is completely wrong too though - I've seen shared tables from opposite ends of the world.

What it appears to me is that all named for a range - and the ranges seem to vary - typically x1-x5 and x6-(x+1)0 ranges but L1-10 is a single larger bracket - and then it pulls from 2-6 times at that table, then presents any normal RNG checks on the table.

Thus why you see something drop Crookstinger and the trash Crookstinger would drop, etc.

When it comes to items that are used in quests from rare spawns this exaggerates the issue though, since they are almost all 100% droprate items that were just gated in the rarity of the mob spawning - like AC with the Ring of the Ancients - which everyone and their brother should have at this point - since AC drops it 100% of the time, EVERY time it rolls "AC" on the table you're getting a ring. (Of the X number of spawns in the range - probably 15-20? So 5-7% chance)

On the other hand when you're looking at something like an FBSS that has a 15% or so chance of dropping IF it pulls frenzy for a slot (which is probably around 20 named again so 5-7% or so of the TABLE getting pulled) there's only a 1 in ~7 of it even dropping FBSS - or sub 1%.
  3. Catashe Augur

Yea.. It might have been a better idea since 1 mob can drop items from multiple rares at a time.. To allow the mob that normally drop X loot to have a higher chance to drop its loot over others.. that way its still "random" but doesn't make it totally beyond annoying once we get higher and higher level with more possible nameds
  4. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

I've played a LOT of EQ over the years, and as such I'm not a smart person. However, I still can't understand what's going on in OP's post.