some questions from a soon to return player

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by ignorion, Aug 26, 2014.

1. ignorion New Member

Hi!
    I used to play Everquest from kunark expantion up to Omens of war , and i want play Everquest again since it was my first mmorpg and i had alot of fun playing it, and i about to by a new computer since my old one died rather suddenly.
    A coupple questions.

I guess since Eq is an old game i guess the pc specs are not all that high end so a laptop with a 4700mq processor/780gtx will be just fine but since it will have win 8.1 will there be some teq issiues (apart from downloading the latest dx and drivers )?

I want to box two characters , can i play two accounts in windowed mode or full screen mode without a 3rd party program i have had some bad experiences with 3rd part programs before and i dont want to use them
    any more.

I used to play on Tallon zek and i like to play on Zek but i wonder if i as a new player will be in and endless CR from gankers ( is it still and 8 level cap on pvp)? I know its a pvp server and i will get killed by other players but there is a differance between pvp and constantly getting ganked by drowes of bored players with twinked out characters ganking new players into an endless gankfest ;).
  2. Duhbeast Augur

That pc/video should be fine. No tech issues and you should be able to run 2 accounts. Not sure about zek, I hadn't been there in 4 years. Cazic/fennin is a fairly populated blue server though.