Some Class THeory Craft Hybrid and Healers (see prior post for Dps and Tanks)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beezelbub, May 10, 2013.

1. Beezelbub Elder

Again Game of 3's Burst, sustain, Utility.
    So Healers

Clerics
    -Clerics are and have always been the Primary Healers of Eq. That is their first and for the most part only role throughtout the game.
    Heals- Clerics are the top healers no doubt about it but I think their should be some room for some competition. Clerics Should always have the burst healing while maintiaining substancial sustained healing as well.
    Role in Raid- Primary Healer

Shamans-
    Most would assume I would put Shamans under utility but although their buffs are in that realm most of their buffs are a raid wide with onl the melee boost being group oriented. SHamans of the buff gods of the game while with Cannibalize I would like to see them able to play a strong Sustained healing role. Also as in their nature for curing they should be one of the best at curing malodies.
    Heals- With use of cannibalize they ought be able to come close to keeping up with clerics in overall sustained healing, maybe this be through mana extensive area location heals or chain type of heals....one idea..call forth your ancestors and the 5 lowest hp persons within 15 yards of the shaman are healed for x amount.
    Role in Raid- Buffing and Sustained heals while being top cure class

Druids-
    I consider the druids to be the utility of the healer class. It would be a neat concept to allow them to do some healing through damage done in some nature sort of way, symbiotic relationship of some sort. Have decent to fair Burst heals to step in when a cleric runs low on mana. I think they should be offered some more utility in some damage absorption type of spells able to cast on the tank to the respect of a bark skin line of spells.
    Heals- Decent But limited Burst
    Role in Raid- Able to fill in when needed, maintaine their group while offering some dps. Offering some damage mitigation utility for tough times.

Hybrid Dps(Rangers, Bstl)
    Hybrids in my opinion should not dps what the pure dps can do. Even burst dps classes should have a better sustained then Hybrid Dps Classes. But I feel Hybrid Dps Need to have their moments of shining glory...one or two bosses per expansions where they can compete with the big dogs. Where as normally they should sit at about a 15% disadvantage to pure dps but on this one fight or another then perhaps they top the charts.

Rangers-
    I always felt if a mob is stationary a Ranger ought to be able to maximise his dps with a bow and if moving then with melee but thats my own 2 cents and i know most like it one way or another so won't go there. Rangers need to have a single advantage...perhaps against humanoid bosses, maybe a ranger gets to pick a creature type to have an advantage to with a 1 week cool down...something that would allow him to one that one fight possibly out parse even the pure dps. (his moment in the sun) not married to this idea so what are some thoughts that would allow the ranger to shine on a boss or two while averaging lower then the pure dps.
    Damage- Lower then average Burst Decent Sustained. Advantage to some bosses
    Role in Raid- Would be nice if scouting could have its uses in raiding again..was a fun aspect to send out your rangers and your bards to see who was up and report in. Fill dps Roll while offering some group type buffs unique to a ranger.

Bstl-
    Beastlords are the masters of Beast and thus maybe out to have a dps boost towards them and shine on those fights. I think Bstl could also perhaps have the highest very short term burst say 30seconds of extreme burst where both them and their pets go into a beastial Rage. Open to thoughts here.
    Dps- Good but limited Burst while below average burst.
    Role in Raid- Burning adds or helping assist through a tough phase with high numbers. Offer group specific bstl buffs to up others dps.

Pure Utility Clases (Bards & Enchanters)
    I think it would be interesting to see a shift where Bards are the gods to melee enhancement while enchanters are the same for casters. Seems this trend is coming true with some of the enchanters new buffs.

Bards-
    They enhance the powers of their group with inspirational songs and they have a few tricks unique to their own.
    Damage-Personal Damage should be near 50-60% of pure dps sitting around what a warrior might pull. Biggest dps increase is to those around them.
    Role in Raid-Assist to monks in pulling perhaps utilizing song o highsun for difficult pulls and Divine aura song for pulls with death touches. Enhancing the group to perform above caps.

Enchanters-
    Through the power of their mind they are able to enchance the magic prowess of others. And the gods of illusions.
    Damage- Always though it would be interesting if they began to take on the quality of their illusions and could dps through limited intensified versions of their illusions. I.e. turning into a shishar increasing your melee attack speed by x% to make it significant enough that an enchanter would be able to melee with sim quality to a bard for that time frame or another illusion giving him ranged qualities of dps.
    Role in Raid- Buffing and especially support for magical Classes.
  2. Beezelbub Elder

with the two post did i miss anybody?
  3. Beezelbub Elder

4. silku Augur

I agree. 100%. Let me illusion brownie and headshot, illusion goblin and assassinate. Yes.
  5. Beezelbub Elder

Ok but only grey mobs
  6. Kilzit New Member

Some thoughts should remain in your head,surprised this crapola hasnt been locked for nerf calling.
  7. Beezelbub Elder

constructive fun theory craft=nerf calling...man someone has their panties on tight...was meant as a fun read and i was interested to see what others thought their roles of their class out to be? Funny how people think Balance=nerf.
  8. Sinestra Augur

Anytime someone has a different idea of what a class should be than someone else, whether they play the class or not, is a nerf call to certain people. You learn to tune it out.
  9. Beezelbub Elder

I dont think there is anywhere that i took away something without adding something in the same breath...i was just enjoying theory crafting my thoughts on balancing classes while looking for input from others on the classes they knew best. Would love someone to point me to a class that i gave an unfair advantage or disadvantage to. I.e. constructive not just a meh you dont think my class should be god mode now i don't like you.
  10. smash Augur

You can call a nerf = balance, but that does not change that this is nerf calling.
  11. Beezelbub Elder

lol give me one example to which you are talking about pls...just one. And try to explain how it is a nerf to the class as an overall...but besides this is theory craft not a nerf call..if you would like to change something then let me hear your thoughts...or are we all so scared of the politicaly correct police that we cant openly discuss thoughts on class balance constructively
  12. Sinestra Augur

Entirely hypothetical musings aren't really nerfs. If someone said "I always thought of Berserkers as only being Dwarves" that wouldn't be a call for nerfing all the other races.
  13. Beezelbub Elder

there is another post about tanks and dps...check out what i put there and tell me if you agree.
  14. Beezelbub Elder

15. Daegun Augur

I died laughing.

Seriously.

I did.
  16. Beezelbub Elder

Haha back when all the bosses were world.bosses that was the only way you raided. Was always my job to check dain or avatar to see if they were up
    And i know one of my ranger friends to go check out ToV
  17. Cloud Strife New Member

Seriously.... 1 week cool down abilities?
  18. Beezelbub Elder

What i meant is they would maintain that advantage say a 5% damage bonus to a creature type that can only be changed once per week. Is that op yes no maybe? just throwing out thoughts. Again here my thoughts for hybrids were to be under par on your average fight but have a unique factor that allows them to shine on a few fights.

@ Cloud Strife in this model of thinking would in your opinion be a neat ranger advantage to assist in raid dps that might allow them to excel at a few bosses but not top charts on every boss?