Some Assistance

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Qavlae, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Qavlae New Member

Hi, I recently acquired one of these:
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=89323

I am looking to sell it, but after seeing 15-20 million online, then being told at most it's worth 2 million in game. I'd really like some opinions on what this is worth so that I don't screw myself nor the person I am selling it to. I am still a fairly new player, with almost 5 months under my belt. With something like this where the difference is between 2-20 million, I'd like to be better informed.

Thank you for any input.
  2. Scorrpio Augur

On barter/bazaar, 2 mil is limit. So yeah, those methods do not work. Your best bet is to sell for krono. I.e if current krono price on your server is 2.5m, advertise for 8cr. See if you get any counter offers. It is best to keep your funds in krono anyway cause plat value is always dropping.
  3. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Mounts are...
    not in too high demand.
    I don't know which stats this gives, nor how much of which.
    But well...

In general of course, the market depends on your server and your "luck" / competition.
    I have no use for mounts other than perhaps those i can get in-game (achievements).
    So for me, the value tends towards zero.
    I doubt you'd get a krono for it, much less more than one.
    But i am not saying it's impossible, only improbably from my point of view.
  4. smash Augur

It will never go above 500k.
  5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I'd say the saddle is worth 2-3 Krono (4-7 million pp) maximum. You'll probably have a buyer at 1 Krono fairly quickly (advertising at peak times).

Other than the Flying Carpet, it is one of the top mounts from LoN packs.
  6. Ringarok New Member

If you are patient you may be able to sell for a nice amount but if you do EoK progression you can get a Golden Frontier Rhinoceros Saddle which is a much better mount (even if it is ugly as sin).

You could also upgrade to EOK Collector's edition and get a rhino mount with decent stats.
  7. Scorrpio Augur

It really all depends on how rare it is and how much someone wants one. I personally have no desire for one. EoK rhino may be ugly but it is a heck of a smooth ride. I might be interested in the carpet if one sat on it, but the stand-on-carpet look is (IMO) ridiculous.

Put into perspective, 8 krono is $136. For that much, someone can get about 15k DBC, buy LoN cards and see what they get. However, someone who lucked across an ultra-rare or two and sold for krono might not view those as cash value.

Suggestion stands: advertise it, say you are open to negotiation. See what offers you get. If DB changes which LoN pack they offer, making this mount no longer available.you might get an even better deal.