Solteris Event #3: Stalwart Defenders

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Stickietoes, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Stickietoes Augur

2nd worst raid ever, (ashengate west is number 1), almost impossible to finish. heck, I haven't even finished yet. if you fail (which is very easy) you have to kill over 120 million hp worth of little golems, then you still get no chest. trying to keep all mobs hp within 5% is easy, for the first set and the second, but when the 3 set of mobs spawn up and have small hp, 1 slash (paladin) you loose cause the mobs are out of reach. I've been at it for 2 or 3 hours now.
    not even here for that raid but I need to complete it to go on the next island, because the mobs are not spawning.

failed three times, over 400 million hp done in this. very annoying
  2. Hatsee Augur

No damage primary, bring a necro to ae them all down.
  3. CrazyLarth Augur

use the spells and weapons from that expantion. lol you just complain about the next few raids after you win that one.
  4. Iila Augur

No, none of the other raids in Solteris are anywhere near as much of a pain as event 3. Go balance down 8 crushbone legionnaires within 5%. This event has the unique distinction of getting more difficult as the level cap goes up. The fail mechanic that's supposed to wipe your raid can't kill one tank anymore but still leaves the event unwinnable. Most other wipe-fail mechanics still allow the event to be won if you can overpower the failure punishment.

Because of crits and innate procs, your options for beating this event are pretty much use the necro pet-bombs that can't crit to AE the golems down, or melee them down with a druid or int caster.
  5. Tarrin Augur

Necro pet bomb + necro aura. I wont go to Solteris 3 without it...and I do love me some Solteris.
  6. Gnomeland Augur

You do understand you don't have to use current era spells and weapons? It isn't that difficult to balance four crushbone legionnaires within 5% when you are casting level 1 burst of fire.

The first event in Solteris is a bigger PITA than this one due to how difficult it is to hand in everything on time and still have enough DPS to kill the golems; practically requires a decap sort of ability.
  7. Tarrin Augur

I guess it requires a decap ability if you are trying to solo it? Think it takes what..~90 or 100k sustained dps for the 5 minutes? With a couple friends I have never had an issue in 1 with dps. Usually I would open invite in gen chat and have anyone extra come along that wanted, as well.

None of the events are "hard". Sol 3 is just the most tedious.
  8. Abazzagorath Augur

Um, not even close. Its like 36k sustained dps or maybe 24k or something like that.
  9. Edrick Augur

Is a Solteris clear still the best way to get flagged for Old Man McKenzie raids? Or is it better to cherry pick SoF/SoD raids?
  10. Axxius Augur

I forgot who called this raid "Zajeer's final FU to the players" (Zajeer was a rather unpopular dev who created it shortly before leaving SOE) but that definition pops up in my mind every time I hear somebody complain about it. :)
  11. Tarrin Augur

I couldnt remember. Its been forever since I needed to know the number. I just know the amount of sustained is easily do able.
  12. Caudyr Augur

Back then, IIRC, the 'safe value' for DPS for that duration was 40k. It may have been slightly lower, but they said if your guild could do 40kdps over 5 minutes then you could get through the raid to the end (and the final mob(s)).
  13. Iila Augur

My Burst of Fire spell hits for 1,004 damage, unfocused.
    Mykaylla likes this.
  14. Mykaylla Augur

This.

It doesn't really work to use old weapons and spells and even gear- passive AA increases, stat changes, and attack tables from higher levels still overpower this event, still cause spikes in damage that topple them out of balance.
    As others have mentioned, necros are the way to do this, because the pet bomb delivers unfocused, noncrittable, unresistable damage. THAT is why everyone wants necros for it.

Event 1 may be challenging depending on classes, but it's still something you can overpower (I couldn't solo it as a cleric, for example, due to my damage output, but I've grouped it with classes that didn't have assassinate or decap, and I've grouped it with classes that have, too). You can't overpower event 3. If you can't get necromancers, you're basically down to using priests and silk casters meleeing to balance it.
    Iila likes this.
  15. Stickietoes Augur

Alright thanks guys. Will try again tomorrow. before I was just using my mage's pet unequipped weapons and my paladin on the first set, then I just used my paladin on the 2nd then when the third came along I was pee'd :). BTW, first event only took 5 mins for the whole thing, easy
  16. Stickietoes Augur

oh and also, what level and what is the exact name for that necro ability "pet bomb"
  17. IDotPeople Augur

Necrotize Ally (Level 85)
    Energize Ally (Level 90)
    Empower Ally (Level 95)
    Sanction Ally (Level 100)

Of the 4, Necrotize Ally looks simplest/weakest, so probably go with that one for solt 3.
  18. Stickietoes Augur

thanks, appreciate it
  19. Iila Augur

Oh, and don't even let a class with a decap ability near the first golem. They can overkill it so badly that the splits won't spawn, causing the event to hang, forcing you to drop and re-acquire the DZ to try again.
  20. Mykaylla Augur

No, you use multiple.

The Necromantic Oversurge on each of them, from level 85 Necrotize, up to level 100 Sanction, is the same, and differs only by rank- they all proc the same unresistable flat damage spell as per rank. They have an 18 second recast though, so you cast one, click off the buff on it so you can set off the bomb faster, then hit the next spell, repeat. The first in the line, Necrotize, you can't click off (you have to wait the two ticks on that one), but the other three you can. You have to make the pet stand back up before hitting the next one because it FDs them, too.