Soloing 95-100 possible?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Ootax, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Ootax Augur

I've read Almars leveling guide and he pretty much states once you get up to a certain level soloing no longer is very efficient for leveling. I have a 95 sk. Is it possible to solo up to 100 with out it taking forever? If so can anyone recommend any zones. I've got the auto granted AA's and Glorious Infused armor with the type 11 augs all in them type gear. So any suggestions or should I activate my box accounts and do that or find some friends.
  2. Wyvern Lorekeeper

I play a 105 SK and still solo & molo (aka. solo using merc) sometimes, but I have box support also for dps (necro) when I need.

Soloing trash for xp is boring and is a recipe for burn out. You are better off doing Tasks/Quests either as a group or Molo if you so desire. Swarming xp trash mobs can still sort of be done, but with the nerfs to mortal coil/epic your better off doing a few mobs at a time and doing AE spells (load all three of your AE pet DDs (83/88/93 xxx Sacrifice) and at level 98 your best AE tap spell (xxx Deflection) + riposte damage on easy mobs (low light blues).

SK have low dps and it can feel like it takes forever to kill anything dark blue or greater. The more mobs you pull the more damage you will do from riposte (keep mob in front of you and close) but you need to see how many can kill at once without dying. If the mobs are weak enough you can molo with a caster merc for dps and just tap heal. I prefer not to use a merc on weak trash and just tap heal and load more dots for dps or just AE/riposte.

Set goals: finish progression, do tasks/missions or something like that.
    Try to farm stuff you need (augs, armor, clickies, etc.) while you xp along the way.
    This makes the game more fun.
  3. Borek-VS Augur

It is entirely possible. As why earn says, grinding isn't very effective. Do daily quests and solo progression quests in the current expansion, and solo HAs (if you can). If you can't, check to see what grind exp is like in hot zones (probably poor), and look for slightly older progression (mercenary and partisan).
  4. Ootax Augur

Thanks I've tried some of the hot zone solo xp and it's not that great. Any recommended Solo/Molo tasks in current or older expansions that may give good xp?
  5. Herefornow New Member

It can be done. You need to compensate for lack of a group with gear. Deck yourself out in TBM merchant gear. The faction needed to get access to the armor vendor in Plane of tranquility and the augs in Health is done by just getting the mirror. You will need to group for one task in that.

Get a hold of a million or so plat, buy remnants of tranquility for 20pp-25pp a piece. Buy every slot, and put the highest ac aug in every type 9 and highest agi aug in the type 5's. as you level replace the augs with the upgraded versions.

With this gear you can solo some HA's. Or Molo, whatever. It takes SO much longer solo than with a group that it is just silly BUT it can be done and it is actually interesting to watch yourself improve at the same task. You go from killing one mob then med, to pulling 2-3 at a time and knocking them all out and keep on trucking.

TBM has turned group tanking into easy mode more so than any expansion I can recall. But you need that million plat. Mind you fully decking every slot for a million plat is a steal.
    Borek-VS likes this.
  6. Raptorjesus5 Augur

If you haven't done it yet, I would start at House of Thule and start working on Progression tasks. Those are some really great quest lines. Then move on to VoA etc. Most of the time youre so focused on the quests you won't even notice your exp bar move.