Socket 11004 error

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by skabe, Aug 21, 2019.

1. skabe Elder

2. skabe Elder

have done everything i can at my end still getting error message. #sadpanda
  3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Try this:

Rename your EQ folder on C: drive.

Click Start > type 'appwiz.cpl' and press Enter -- Uninstall Everquest. This will remove the patcher/launchpad ONLY.

Rename your EQ folder on C: drive back to its original name.

Download Everquest from Daybreak and install it. This installs the patcher/launchpad. Open the launchpad. Sign in. Click the gear. Point the launchpad at your Everquest folder.

Enjoy.
  4. skabe Elder

Any attempt to contact customer support = page cannot be displayed message
    Any attempt to re dowload game = same result

I am at my wits end. Everything worked fine before the patch so IDK wtf is wrong.
  5. Sarkaukar Augur

Possible Proxy errors due to bloatware changing settings. The issue usually comes up after a patch for many games.

Download/install and run https://www.malwarebytes.com/

1.Open Internet Explorer.
    2.Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
    3.Click the Connections tab, and then click LAN settings.
    4.Deselect the Use a proxy server for your LAN check box.
    5.Click 'OK'

6. Sarkaukar Augur

Just to add, this can also happen after a patch because the DNS has changed but your ISP is utilizing a local copy instead of getting a new one. Flushing the DNS will make your computer forget the saved DNS it has listed and get new ones.

Hold down the Windows key and press R. (this will open the Run dialogue),
    Type cmd and press Enter (this will open a command prompt).
    Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.
    Type ipconfig /registerdns and press Enter.
    Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
    Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
    Reboot computer.
  7. skabe Elder

got it fixed thanks for all the suggestions.

Turned out to be two things .... DNS error as Sark suggested and issue with Launchpad as ILoveMy and Sark suggested.
    Sarkaukar likes this.
  8. skabe Elder

Another patch ... again this issue arose went through all the above suggestions and problem persisted. Further investigation online I came across a suggestion to check TC/IP settings. Sure enough that is where the issue was ... in Win 7 Open Network and Sharing Center > Left click on Local Area Connection and select properties > Left click Internet Protocol version 6 (TCP/IPv6) select properties > make sure Obtain IPv6 address automatically is selected and Obtain DNS server address automatically is selected. Somehow mine got changed to Use the Following DNS server (addresses in Preferred and Alternate locations.)
  9. Decree New Member

Swapped to Test server for a bit then back to live and now im having this issue....none of these suggestions seem to be working for me
  10. Opti New Member

Same issue... just wanted to patch the game for later and unable to connect due to socket.. tried everything listed above... flushed dns. different network, reinstalled launcher. last ditch is to uninstall and reinstall the game but whats the point of doing that if i can't connect to the patch server.
  11. Runn New Member

Same issue, new laptop fresh install getting errors all over the place when trying to patch
  12. Opti New Member

well tracert went through fine so it's not network. I geuss daybreak will have a fix for this in about 3 or so days
  13. Runn New Member

Tried VPN , denver server slow but working atm
  14. Smyrt New Member

( Edited - creating a separate post )
  15. Luinne B`Haen Lorekeeper

I did a complete uninstall. delete directory. reboot machine. run reinstall... the launchpad hangs at 3M of downloads... there's an issue with the launchpad, no matter how DBG may try to deny that obvious, elementary fact. I was on this morning for 10 min. had to log out, and upon return... trying to log in resulted in launchpad failure, which is why i went the extreme route of a complete reinstall... it's no player-side error. I've also rebooted both modem and router, so no one bother trying to blame that either.

I've also tried both Live and Test to see if it made a difference. it did not. results are the same.
  16. CloakNRun New Member

I'm having the exact same issue. None of the above "fixes" work. Windows 10 using built in Windows firewall and antivirus. Disabling both made no difference. I also tried to use ExpressVPN but it made no difference.
  17. Lurkvilla New Member

Add me to the list of people having problems. Switching between Live and Test didn't work, flushing the dns didn't work, malwarebytes came up clean. This is on both Win7 and Win10 systems.
  18. Nivea New Member

I've tried all the options above and deleted eq and downloaded it again. I am still stuck at the patcher. Many people in my guild has the same issue.
  19. Luinne B`Haen Lorekeeper

this didn't work, and as stated earlier, already installed EQ. Deleted the directory. Rebooted machine to make sure to clear the uninstall. restarted modem, and router.

Hello? Daybreak? /tap /tap Is this thing on?
  20. Luinne B`Haen Lorekeeper

So you know, this same exact issue is happening to the EQ2 players as well. this is a DBG issue, not player. Players are on the EQ2 forums with same complaints. For S&G's, i launched my EQ2, which i've not played since Dec... it stalled after only 110m of downloads.