Social Macro for Gearing Up Pet

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Tucoh, Nov 13, 2022.

1. Tucoh Augur

All right, I've got three mages in my group. I've never bothered to summon weapons or a muzzle for my mage pets because the opportunity cost is too high.

Is there a way to reduce it through a social macro or two? I feel like what I need is:

/pause 50, /mem petgear
    /pause 5, /target tucomage
    /pause 50, /cast 10; muzzle
    /pause 5, /target Tucomental ;mage pet name

/pause 5, /opentrade ; this command doesn't exist

Edit: This command totally exists /usetarget

/pause 5, /autotrade ; this command doesn't exist
    /pause 5, /accepttrade ; this command doesn't exist

/pause 50, /cast 11; bag of weapons
    /pause 5, /autoinv
    /pause 5, /useitem FoldedPackOfWeapons
    /pause 5, /cleanupsomeslotinmyinventoryforthisgarbage; this command doesn't exist
    /pause 5, /autoinv
    /pause 5, /target Tucomental ;mage pet name

/pause 5, /opentrade ; this command doesn't exist

Edit: This command totally exists /usetarget

/pause 5, /pickup Summoned: Shadewrought Rageaxe ; this command doesn't exist
    /pause 5, /pickup Summoned: Shadewrought Rageaxe ; this command doesn't exist
    /pause 5, /accepttrade ; this command doesn't exist

This is, or anything remotely like it, is impossible as far as I know. Most of these commands doesn't exist in Eq's API.

https://www.jaburt.com/eq/general.htm

http://eqwiki.net/wiki/Commands

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Commands

What do you all do to equip your pets with gear?
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  2. Metanis Bad Company

*. Never let the suckers die!
    *. Load spell set with pet weapons and buffs.
    *. Just hand them weapons and baubles. My understanding is they don't use the armor or the masks.
    *. Buff them.
    *. Load spell set with nukes.
    *. Heal them so they don't die again!
  3. Tucoh Augur

Don't tell anyone but my group wipes. Like, wipes a LOT. My entire Eq cycle is getting increasingly reckless and careless until my group gets wiped due to my own foolishness.
    Metanis likes this.
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I believe /usetarget does this, although I have not confirmed it. This still does not actually trade the item(s), though.
  5. Tucoh Augur

Thanks! I didn't know about this command. Opening the trade window on the pet is one of the worst part, so this is pretty huge for streamlining this.
    Fanra likes this.
  6. Bernel Augur

From what I understand from reading these boards, automated actions are okay if you're actively in front of the computer. Assuming that's correct, this seems like a good scenario for a mouse automation program. Record the mouse actions when you gear out your pets and then replay at a later time.
  7. Svann2 The Magnificent

I think this is right, but expect to hear counteropinions.
  8. Treiln Augur

Correct. Now this is under the assumption that you, who is behind the keyboard, pressed the button that caused the automation. You cannot press a button and have it run a script where your character runs around and attacks everything without a prompt or other action from yourself.
  9. Moege Augur

Then at least you just have to click the trade button

/usetarget
    Banker opens the banker, merchants opens the merchant window. Others: if you have something on your cursor this command opens the trade window with the item on the cursor placed in trade window.
    Tucoh likes this.
  10. Tucoh Augur

Thanks!

I think the biggest thing I'm struggling with now is how to get the weapons onto the cursor. I understand the bag of weapons was made for user/dev convenience but it seems like it'd be easier in my case if there was a spell that summoned a single item like Summon Fireblade. https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=5467
  11. Treiln Augur

I’m wondering if with your set up, a little manual maneuvering wouldn’t be more useful with broadcasting.

Cast your summon weapons pack: auto inventory it to your open inventory slot, manually pick up weapon, target pet (F1 x2), /usetarget macro

So this way you’re manually picking up the item to put on your cursor and auto targeting the pets without having to search around and individually select them, and all getting the same items at the same time?
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  12. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Interesting, it's a decent improvement, as is.

Target your own pet:
    /tar %m (%m was fixed a while back to fully work).

Mage can get the gear cast, that's an easy macro.

If Necro needs to get attention to themself and their pet.
    /pause 9,/tar %m
    /pause 9,/tell MageName Please gear my pet %m
    /pause 9,/pet who leader
    /pause 9,/pet sit
    /pet stand

You can /rt to get the Necro. And use extended target commands to get the target of your target?

Clicking each item from the bag and then clicking a /usetarget macro, and click 'give' after four, is a fairly nice wrist pain improver.
  13. Tucoh Augur

I'm hoping to do it 100% without anything like that. But is "/system ahk.exe gibweaps.ahk" a valid social macro command??? I just learned that /system is an EQ command, crazy.
    Yeah that's what I'm thinking too. I haven't quite worked out the kind of organization required to maintain an open inventory slot. I'd be afraid anything too clever would do something like delete the broom I just spent the evening farming Najena for because that broom ended up in my designated inventory slot.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  14. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

It took you a year to get that far? ;)
  15. Tucoh Augur

[IMG]
    MasterMagnus and Treiln like this.
  16. Tucoh Augur

ok here's what I got,

Social macro pWeap 1:

/pause 40, /mem petweap
    /pause 5, /tar Tucofire ;Is there a way to target self?
    /cast 12 ;Weapon bag thing

Social macro pWeap 2:
    /pause 5, /tar Fire
    /usetarget

Social macro mem std:
    /mem std ; my standard combat spell set

I then have the following things standard on my three mages:
    • I "reserve" the 9th slot in my inventory by keeping it clear of bags
    • I have my trade window, inventory and 9th bags all in the same place/size
    So I click social macro #1, dump it in my inventory, then click the weapon and click macro #2, give the next weapon and accept trade and then click the mem std social macro.
    The bit about dumping it in the inventory is slow, and "/tar Fire" or "/tar %m" fails a lot due to a bug that might be caused when pets zone in or spawn at the same time, which happens a lot for me. Otherwise it's OK but could be better.
    code-zero and MasterMagnus like this.
  17. Szilent Augur

/useitem Folded Pack of Soandso's Armaments
    /autoinventory
    MasterMagnus and Tucoh like this.
  18. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

/tar is a bit slow, needs a good 4-6 pause in there.

Don't have a clue on the folded pack stuff. Sounds possibly nice.
  19. Szilent Augur

prob want "/pet target" here instead
    Tucoh likes this.
  20. Mithra Augur

Save ETW sets so you can use /xtar in macros instead of /tar