So when the hammer comes down, which classes do u think will make a comeback?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beldan_VZ, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Ratbo Peep Augur

I never said to "pull singles" - nice try at spin though.
    I questioned the value of pulling eight mobs with a dumb Merc for a cleric that had some "mana issues" going. Reminded me (just a little bit) of that nurse that got convicted for creating "medical emergencies" and then rushing in to save the day. :D
    Good SA (situational awareness) always starts with the puller. :)
    -Rat
    silku and Qest T. Silverclaw like this.
  2. Ravengloome Augur

hahaha I like what you did there with that post.
  3. Dandin Augur

This is the absolute truth, right here, An enchanter should have no problems locking down eight mobs.
    How? on the pull, tash, run back to camp, Turn around, Beam of slumber, 6, will be locked down, back up 10 feet, and hit Perilous dissorentation, then use Stare mezz on the group of 6. then use single cast chaotic Mezz on the 7th mob. the 8th mob will break mezz, and come into camp. this is the one you kill.

Apply standard debuffs. and DPS with your standard rotation, paying attention to your mezz timers, and reapply mezz as needed.

Please, You assume much if you think I'm not debuffing.

I cast the following on EVERY Mob
    Tash
    Dreary Deeds
    Etheral Manipulation
    Cripple.
    Then I start a DPS Rotation of
    Chaotic Mezz
    100 nuke
    95 Nuke
    Chaotic mezz
    ect ect

The Cleric was OOM. So we needed to take a med break regaurdless, So. Might as well make it worth it and have more then one party member neededing mana.,

After the fight, I hit 2nd Spire of Enchantment, and gave my group 300 mana/tick,

Plus, we all still have minor cooldowns for a smaller burn, and its not like the named in HA need anything more then a small burn, Necause even myself ... With a small burn I can snap up to 30k DPS =/ So.... I know other classes can top that with thier "Medium length Cooldowns"

Besides. Everyone should watch their DPS meters. its much more XP then playing safe and having everyone at 90 - 100 Mana and holding back...
  4. drkoli Augur

After the nerf hammer has been swung I'll still be maining a zerker. They are fun. It just means I won't be making new alts and pling them. I'll focus more on my main three zerker/sham/necro and I guess I'll just have to pick one of the alts to focus on for my 4th account
  5. silku Augur

The problem is not that 8 were pulled. The problem is that a puller must be aware of the capabilities of the merc and it's current mana status before pulling.

A puller should know not only how many he can handle, but how many his group can handle. He should know if his tank is fast enough to leave a mob loose, or if he's going to have them all mezzed on incoming. They should know if the cleric can heal for a pull of 8 right now, or pull 1 and throw out mana regen spires + mana aura for a while (even to throw out some rune absorbers and chain stun for a while to let the cleric catch up, without needing to blow discs or to have a med break.) With an enchanter in the group, you shouldn't need a med break for a few hours.
  6. Ratbo Peep Augur

That was my only point.
    The Cleric Merc won't sit and med a minute while the 8 mobs are in a state of permanent lockdown. A real Cleric would.
    (@ Dandin - your debuff list prompted a new question - moved to caster board to avoid more clutter here)
    Back on topic:
    I rolled my Ranger in 99, well before head-shot. So any changes to head-shot don't phase me too much as I always considered it a "parlor trick" to begin with.
    (If it procs "enough" now - it might actually add some DPS to a normal fight via the 2 arrow spells)
    -Rat
    silku likes this.
  7. Aeonblade Very Hungry Vah Shir

Haha, keep on dreaming. Until the class is fundamentally rewrote or they change their stances of what an enchanters role can be, they will remain guild lobby buffbots.

I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who play them effectively, but why drive a pinto when you can drive a Ferrari? (I.E. nearly any other class.)

I'd like to see a resurgence of Paladins since a lot of SK players are quitting, but I have a feeling the new go to class will remain Mage or Necro, purely for their amazing abilities to not require anyone else to be with them to be successful.
  8. Cicelee Augur

It would be very nice to see the Guide/GM class make a comeback once the hammer comes down...
    Anglesy, Bigstomp, Ratbo Peep and 2 others like this.
  9. silku Augur

I don't play a tank, but it's my understanding that paladins have been VERY popular the last year or so.
  10. Aeonblade Very Hungry Vah Shir

That might be true, I just hardly ever see them myself. For every 4 SK's I run into, I see maybe 1 Paladin or Warrior. I have a very stable group that I usually run with so I rarely go outside my fellowship/guild for a tank.

It will be nice to see that change up for a while. You are probably right like I said, it just seems they are still underrepresented compared to SKs.
  11. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Enchanters & paladins are vital to raiding if you want to do it without it being chaotic & ridiculous. I'm sure there are a few elite guilds that can just ROFLSTOMP DPS stuff but for everyone else a solid strat with proper crowd control & splashes & heals is very nice & makes for smooth sailing.
  12. Gnub Journeyman

But then we would'nt need awesome patches like this one.
    guado and Tharrg like this.
  13. Dandin Augur

Aeonblade.

My deepest apologies that your server leads you to feel this way about the Enchanter Class as a whole.
    But I assure you, here on Bristlebane, we don't feel Enchanters are purely for buffs.

Here on Bristlebane, we have an excellent community of Enchanters who whole heartily disagree with your statement, and should you ever get the chance, you should come see what we as a class are capable of.

-Dandin
    100 Enchanter
    Bristlebane
    Pirouette and guado like this.
  14. Tharrg Augur

I hope this helps warriors.....
  15. Espiritun Augur

except for the whole pet super tanking thing...no one really cared about that youre right
  16. Aeonblade Very Hungry Vah Shir

Sorry If I hurt your feelings Dandin :p

Now give me some crack! Please, just one more hit man! /scratchneck
  17. Tornicade_IV Augur

When your taxing a merc and it cant keep up . You have two options. sit quietly and wait for the merc to catch up or put your group to the test and burn up all your reserves and have a reason to sit quietly and wait for the merc.

personally i prefer option B. full mana and endurance means too many people are slacking.

in the scenario Dandin presented . its quite obvious the group should of been upping their burn to kill at the proper rate. I am guessing the group burned at a much higher rate when the the pulls started coming again.

Pullers set the pace. if theres a weak link whether its a merc or player its up to the rest of the group to adjust if they dont sometimes the puller needs to give them a kick in the rear.
    Dandin likes this.
  18. Goth Augur

i miss the old days of kiting. it was such a huge part of the game back when people kited in PoF or just about anywhere.

my guess is though game design and mercs killed off kiting like it was. not much need for kiting if you always have a healer on hand. kiting was always a poor mans group.

it was fun and did require some level of unique talent.