So what's the TLP world record a Sleeping Sleeper?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tweakfour17, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Tweakfour17 Augur

Is that Coirnav's claim to fame? Can Rizlona beat it?
  2. Xyphen Maximum Augur

No one's rushing to wake the sleeper on Rizlona because the server is more concerned with selling their raid loot than flexing.
  3. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Definitely one of the live servers. Not sure which but a bunch of live servers still had the Kera sleeping when GoD launched originally.
  4. Tweakfour17 Augur

True, but the subject was TLP World Records =P
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Miragul it was woken day 1 or 2 I believe.

Edit: My brain can't process "Sleeping Sleeper"
  6. Protocol Dragon Defender

Lockjaw kept him asleep for 8 or 9 months and then woke him as a joint server wide raid between 3 or so guilds.
    jeskola likes this.
  7. Tweakfour17 Augur

Pre-AoC but still a TLP. I feel like this is the (stated) goal of almost every tlp though, farm 1.0 for a couple expacs then have a server wide event to wake him. Doesn't seem to work out though.
  8. Seinna New Member

Wut. What is better than shroud? SoD is the best offhand for a warrior until you can get your hands on a Bloodfrenzy. I hear this all the time but 2.0 loot is garbage. The only advantage is 2.0 ST is easier to get primal weapons.
  9. Bewts Augur

I don’t know about fastest... but I know for the entire existence of EQMac (god rest it’s digital pop-locked pre-nerf buggy soul) that the sleeper was only woke once it became obvious they were pulling the plug on it. My iksar died an appropriately lonely digital death atop a hill at the foot of one of the massive iksar statues in Kunark.

Was also on Lockjaw when we woke that one which was pretty impressive considering how terrible folks were to each other on RF/LJ that no one bothered to do it earlier.

It’s almost tragic that folks think waking it creates any real competitive advantage in the long run. In the amount of time current TLP spend in-expansion, it’s such a short term “gain” for such a long term content loss for everyone.
    jeskola and Tweakfour17 like this.
  10. yerm Augur

What is the content lost? 2.0 is the same raid zone.
  11. Tweakfour17 Augur

The dragons are different and have different loot. The 1.0 loot disappears forever. Additional quests also open up once sleeper is awoken. The zone geometry doesn't change, just the raid mobs/loot.
  12. Seinna New Member

Lol who does those quests? I can count on one hand the people i know that finished one in era across several tlps. The only argument you can make for 2.0 ST is being able to spam the script to farm primals thats about it.
  13. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

So your guild(s) either cleared ST 2.0 a total of 4 or fewer times across several TLP's, or they distribute their quest loot in some nonsense way to allow for very few completed items. Cool story I guess. They're very nice items though. You might want to consider clearing the zone more or distributing your quest drops intelligently.
  14. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

AFAIK you can't even do the best quest, Essence Lens, on TLPs, because for some reason Melalafen doesn't like to spawn on TLP servers. Shoulder click is nice though.

Even still, I'm in the camp that believe ST 2.0 loot is superior.
    yerm likes this.
  15. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

For reference those quests aren't supposed to be working in era and the Dragons in SS that you turn most of the quests into shouldn't be spawning either.

There is a single item in all of ST 2.0 that's even worth using with the focuses removed.