So what will need to be done to see DBG step in?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Thrawnseg, Jun 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thrawnseg Augur

Since the other thread was closed due to naming people, I'll refrain from that in this thread and just say the new policies are ruining the servers.

Raids are being trained, groups are killstealing and mem-blurring, botters are running rampant using 3rd party programs and nothing but threads getting locked on the forums. DBG has never said what they plan to do or are even doing besides hoping people resub and wait it out.

Is that the plan for 6 months of classic? Hope people stay and battle through this stuff?
  2. Lemuelbaruch Elder

I know Holly said that she would talk to her team about instancing raids. The best thing you can do about the griefers is report them. Servers are not policed like they used to be, nor will they because of staff cuts/funds.

Putting all of this drama aside, there are alot of people having fun in game. Make the best of it, i say and see what DBG does. They did say they wanted to leave it in our hands and if we couldnt solve the issues they would have to step in.
  3. Eleusis Elder

Stay off the forums
    Nolrog likes this.
  4. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

Training is still against the play nice policy, report it when it happens. There is now no such thing as kill stealing in EQ since the change to the play nice policy, everything is now a dps race, and memblur seems to be an accepted tactic. In regards to what must happen in order to have DBG step in, mass cancellation of subscriptions, I doubt anything short of that will be noticed by the bean counters that approve budgets for the hiring of Customer support staff.
    Barton and Hateseeker like this.
  5. Numiko Augur

They have been banning / suspending people, Holly tweeted about it on June 2nd that they had done so, so there is some activity from Daybreaks end.
  6. Lateryn Augur

Who knows. Going to be be point where it's jut the select few on the server controlling everything but with no one to sell too for their RMT krono or to lord it over(Tulkas). Maybe then DBG will notice, but by then it will be too late. Not too big atm cause majority of the playerbase is still leveling, but give it a month or so and watch what happens.

And you can't do it on the forum here. The mods lock it down and point you to CS where you will just get a automated response and nothing will ever be done.
  7. Valkerine Augur

Easy solution. Never vote for 6 months of classic. If you think it's bad now? Wait for Old Seb. You want to go to VT? lol no, you won't be allowed to.
  8. Ceffener Augur

So classic should have only been 2 weeks?
  9. ngs1 Augur

10. Lawful Evil Journeyman

The bans that happen I am sure are those not in the loop or not sanctioned by DBS. The only high profile temp ban was that streamer guy that I have seen on the forums.
  11. Valkerine Augur

12. Fairin Lorekeeper

wish they'd do a server wide announcement for banning like they do in h1z1 =D
    Hardnox likes this.
  13. sihpa Augur

Oh hi isnt this the guy who follows people around to ks them? Are you, and your kind, intentionally griefing in order to get something out of DB or whats the deal?

How your poisonous kind arent meaningfully banned is beyond me even from a business perspective. Ya I want your sub money but not at the cost of 100 others.
  14. Valkerine Augur

KSing infers ownership of mobs, which, DBG says does not exist.
  15. Kellaer Augur

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

To quote a pair of famous Renaissance philosophers: Be excellent to each other.
    Elkay, Jadefox and Roxxanna like this.
  16. Numiko Augur

"following people around" disrupting their gameplay is harassment... which is against the PNP and can get you a timeout.
    Barton likes this.
  17. Liquid Augur

Kinda curious to see the carnage of how the community will handle the camping of mob's used in Epic weapons quests? We are already seeing WTB/WTS loot rights the guise of deception...so I'm wondering on how much I'm going to have to pay for the mobs I'll need? How much are they charging for the Guise?
  18. Smilesmage Lorekeeper

I know for a fact that DBG does NOT punish for training, or other zone disruption. Kungen is the only person I've EVER heard of or seen that has received any punishment for training. There are people I know for a fact that have trained others on a constant basis, but have not done anything about it. So, in all honesty, you should all just go out there and start killing them named mobs in any way you can cause they will not interfere.
  19. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

I brought this up long before the beta. While I am hoping that things will have smoothed out by Luclin, and that DBG doesn't have to do anything, I had suggested that they be prepared to put in place the new epic mob trigger NPCs (Kedge and PoFear for sure, I don't know of others) so that people could still get their epics completed.

Now, it shouldn't be a knee jerk reaction like we have seen with the queue and zone instancing. But once it is determined that some players will monopolize epic spawns to both put a choke hold on the community as well as blackmail it in the form of multi-questing, this should be enacted. It works nicely, I took a shaman on a live server and triggered Dread to spawn, killed him, and then got the Child's Tear in order to kill the final boss (getting Rak`Ashiir to spawn actually took several hours). While it doesn't trivialize the reward, it does take out both the randomness of some epic drops (Phinny may or may not drop either mage or wizard piece) and the roadblock of people farming the zone for profit.

If at all possible, trigger NPCs should be added to all the other major bosses for the epic quests. Naggy, Vox, VS/VSR, Trakanon, should have an NPC placed in the zone that spawns the boss. This would eliminate the need to implement zone instancing, and would work in conjunction with the natural spawn timers. These triggered bosses would ONLY drop the epic piece needed for the class of the character that initiates the trigger. Only the naturally spawning bosses would drop raid loot.

Anyways, that was my idea back before the beta, though I have thought it through more since, and refined it some.
  20. Liquid Augur

If they don't do anything and the game is as we currently have then I could see multi-questing have huge profit margin. Sadly..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.