So what happened to no cheating being possible on phin?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tudadar, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Frenzic Augur

It's hilarious that they think/thought it was you.

Will the real slim shady please stand up!
  2. Lateryn Augur

I'm laughing so hard at the title of this thread "No cheating possible". It's like believing in god or santa if you think that statement will ever be correct.
  3. ethyre Augur

Believing in God is quote different than believing in Santa.

But you're point is taken, anyway.
    andross77 likes this.
  4. Ducreux Augur

I've already been accused of cheating for using a pet attack macro, FeelsBadMan.

I know the people who j'accuse for this sorta thing likely don't read forums but here ya go, this is how you send your pet in without targetting a mob, using only the tools found in game.

#leakedstrats

Moral of the story, be sure you understand how modern EQ mechanics work before you cry wolf. Not saying you are wrong OP just be sure they arent doing something as simple as invising around with a bard.
  5. Lateryn Augur

Nope, same thing :p
  6. Brumski Augur

There are box groups afk /pet attacking in noob zones. Not game breaking, but still, once it starts....
  7. Weverley Augur

Or the person staring at me because i just drop my hide lol racial innate.Or the lag spike once in a while and oh you are a cheater you appear next to me all of a sudden.
  8. Tudadar Augur

warping around the ocean in OOT is a known tactic that many 'ers used on rage/lockjaw. Mages warp around the ocean killing an old shark. Its pretty obvious.and out of the way so you wont see it unless you bind sight. Its nothing like invis , pick , /pet attack.

The person was in your guild =p Nice video though.
  9. Hellboy007 Augur

OMG i hate your sig. i fell for it.. damn bug on screen.
  10. Frenzic Augur

No way Jose! My guild is as legit as the come. I am the grandmaster of sharks and have shown them all the way to glory. Ignorance is rampant round these parts.
  11. pimenttoncheese Elder

No one is wasting time warping around sharks. doesn't work, active hacks are actually actively watched for, swimming and bind sight wreck havok on character ghosting etc. This thread is dumb and you are laughable for making it.
    Emuleq likes this.
  12. Syrup Augur

Pretty much this.
    But also.... there are no publicly available complies that work on phinny, end of story.
    Emuleq likes this.
  13. Mwapo Augur

I killed hundreds of hours of sharks in OOT on Ragefire and never saw a single person warp. I really don't think anyone is going to risk a leveled account on this server over some sharks.
  14. Elkay Augur

Emuleq likes this.
  15. Lonye Augur

Are you sure you're not really an enchanter? I swear I just saw this:

06:16:32 PM Mabbu begins to cast a spell. <Illusions of Grandeur>
  16. Tudadar Augur

Damn, I guess its ok if there are no publically available ones. Anyone that got it from someone that knew how to fix it is ok then!

People do it underwater in vacant instances of OOT at offhours so they wont be seen.

I guess we will find out soon if the person logs in or not.

Not surprised by all the fluff posts. People love that track.
  17. pimenttoncheese Elder

Since warping is detectable, no one is doing it. I don't know how to make that clearer.
    Emuleq likes this.
  18. Destroying Angel Lorekeeper

I'd like to play Devil's Advocate if I may ...

[IMG]
  19. Nolrog Augur

There are always going to be people who try to cheat. And then when they get caught cheating, they swear up and down on a million whatever books you follow (or don't follow) and then when they look at the logs, they see they were cheating after all. Happens all the time.

Then Hludwolf or JChan will update the code to catch those people and they will be gone.

Be sure to /report or /guidehelp anyone you think is cheating so they can take care of it. Just remember, just because you see something that looks wrong does not mean it is cheating.
  20. Syrup Augur

There may very well be private compiles available....
    But I can promise you warping is detected by the servers (it's an active hack, like the movement speed hack) there's no way around the packet manipulation.

There's no quicker way to disable your account than to use active hacks.
    If you saw someone warping, you were mistaken or they are already banned.
    Tudadar likes this.