So what are the best classes for Selos?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Undustas, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Undustas Lorekeeper

Im kind of noob and have only done the classic TLP stuff.

Since this is starting in Luclin an expansion i have never played, what classes really stand out in power for the start of Selo's and a bit down the road?

Are all the healers comparable now? Or is cleric still the must have.

How are the dps classes? Whos the highest dps for the starting raids etc...

Just general info like that, any and all will do!

Thanks!
  2. Gremin Augur

Whatever class you enjoy...
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

But it's sold as casual...
  4. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Not rogue
    KPW99 likes this.
  5. Crayon123 Augur

You sure? This might be the ONE server rogues actually do well on, starting in Luclin with only months to PoP and beyond.
  6. chumpy New Member

Same as always: RANGER
    Brunlin likes this.
  7. Crayon123 Augur

I would say not Druid, this server will bypass the entire era where they are actually useful.
  8. ShivanAngel Augur

Depends what you are looking for.
    Bard is always in high demand, but you will be expected to pull, good bards are the best pullers in the game.
    Monk high dps and again, will be expected to pull.
    Rogue- This is where rogues start to excel a bit more, high dps but thats about it.
    Wizard- High dps, Some people arent fans but they are great when the mob needs to die right the now
    Shaman- Probably the most powerful class in the history of everquest
    Enchanter- charm, nuff said
    Shadowknight- best non raid tank in the game forever
    Mage/Necro great sustained dps, pets are dope
    Cleric- best heals in the game (if there is a slower in group, if not shaman trumps them easy)
    Ranger- good dps, the rly good ones are competitive pullers.
    Beastlord- brings a slower if no sham/enc, Solid dps
  9. Garwin Lorekeeper

I would say Rangers will be stand out DPS during PoP. (And lets be honest the server might as well start at PoP.) However Wizards and Clerics will likely be in the biggest demand.
  10. ShivanAngel Augur

Clerics are always in high demand, especially in the raiding scene...

Counting to 5 and hitting CH is ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Rangers are high tier dps, but monk, rogue, beast, necro, and wiz are all up there with them.
  11. Coppercoz Augur

Only advantage I can think of for rogues is it may be easier to keep up with the lower number of AA's required. Other classes are still the better melee dps option, IMO.
  12. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

Cleric. Always Cleric.
  13. ShivanAngel Augur

If you really want something that can "do it all" its hard to go wrong with shaman.

Class is broken pretty much the entire game. like arguably more broken then enchanters busted.
  14. malaki Augur

They get some powerful tools in DoDH, but that's pretty far off even with the fast unlocks that's like 6 expansions out.
  15. Undustas Lorekeeper

I think im leaning towards Wiz, strong in raids and groups, ports and evac!
  16. Fiyero Augur

Clerics will be the primary healer as usual. Druids/Shamans don't have the healing power yet to compete.

As for DPS, monks will as usual dominate the DPS meters most of the time.
    The one exception is Rangers will be able to be #1 DPS quite often in PoP once they get elemental bows. But after PoP I think they drop off quite a bit since they go back to melee.

Rogues, Wizards, Necros will likely show up frequently in the top 10 or top 5, although Necros take a big hit in PoP.

TL;DR: If you want to be the primary healer go Cleric. If you want to be the best DPS go monk, unless you want to rule just in PoP, then go Ranger.
  17. Crayon123 Augur

With the rule-set the way it is, expansions are going to unlock so quickly that the class dynamic is going to rapidly change. Just choose something that you like to play, because as you get closer to Live, the classes all get additional tools to make them not completely suck as some do early on.
  18. Stagentti Augur

1. Whatever will make you happy cause last thing you want to do is completely quit your main a few xpacs in.

2. If you want to always be able to raid...people always need clerics.

3. If you're apprehensive about keeping up with gear - go caster not melee. A lot harder to be a melee class without proper gear. Spells are spells even if gear makes it easier, you can still do your job.
  19. Brunlin Augur

Actually Ranger is good in SOL best range dps