So "perma stun" is nerfed

Discussion in 'Casters' started by silku, Nov 7, 2012.

1. silku Augur

I've noticed a pattern with the enchanter community. It goes something like this:

If you don't like the class the way it is, you must suck, cause I rule and have no problems playing.

Very unfriendly community.
    Leerah and Mintalie like this.
  2. Bauer Augur

Probably the most truthful statement in this thread.
    Mintalie likes this.
  3. Dandin Augur

Not at all, Its just hard to go on someone simply giving heresay.

What are you more likely to respond to.

`1. AHHHH STUN IS BROKEN WTF the Sky is falling

OR

2. I attempted to stun a mob in City of Bronze Last night, It seems to have taken a partial, because it still ran at me.. ect ect more details....

If I see 1. I Laugh. Because to me a complete overview like LOL STUN IS BROKEN makes my heart cry

if I see 2. I can work with the data, attempt to recreate the issue at hand, and give a potential solution.

More Details = Fix.
    Broad Complaint = Lol
  4. Moppet New Member

There has been a change to this, the stun is approximately half a sec to a sec less duration. Recast on this says 6.5 secs, used to be you could cast this, start clicking before it ungreyed to get a perfect a recast and mob would stay stunned whole time. Just tried it in BD and mob moves before spell cast starts again. Why some see this and a very few (1?) don't I'm not sure. But it is less duration. All I ask is confirmation on whether this was a fix stealth patched in, or a bug. But to reply to Dandin, it is happening and why you don't see it i'm not sure.
  5. Dandin Augur

Let me reload. or something. Im not seeing an issue at the moment.

EDIT Relogged in and Headed to Beast Domain
  6. EverChanter Augur

It was said that there was no patch for it. This sort of issue has happened before, but this would surely be the lowest on the totem pole to look at. I'd rather they didn't waste the time looking at it.

Welcome to the same Enchanter community of 6 years ago. Just do yours and be great and don't worry about how the others say you should play.
    Cakvala likes this.
  7. Moppet New Member

I just tried it on a goral in BD, luckily had a druid along to snare the mob so could at least finish it off, but from start of fight, stun, mercs nuking, clicking gyre once close to refresh and mob moves to mercs, cast goes off but not landing yet, mob moves a fair distance, spell lands, wait for refresh, mob moves, cast starts, mobs moving, spell lands, every time before spell refreshes mob moves. Never used to do it. Again, just let me know if this is a bug now, or was it stealth patched with no word.
    Eriadoc likes this.
  8. Dandin Augur

AH! Okay. I See it now

Its not working..... Now.... Why?
  9. Moppet New Member

Does that mean the stun lasted full duration for you? Or you saw the stun wear off before you could reapply it?
    Just so we are on the same page here.
  10. Moppet New Member

There have been a few things I have seen different in this patch, hail distance in CoB1 to the prisoner being tortured by carnifex's is shorter, I have one machine that occassionally appears to run at super speed until I s/d and restart eq now looks like all toons are snared when they run until I restarted my computer, since just s/d eq and restarting wouldnt fix it. Perhaps there is a timer issue with the server side atm?
  11. Eriadoc Elder

I'm about to log in right now, and I'll be on for a while. Bertox server, character name Eriadoc, if you want to converse in tells.

I have a spot in BD that I have a routine. This morning, I ran a lesson and about 15 more minutes. Used to be I would bring one in, stun it with gyre, nuke, stun, nuke, stun, etc. The mob never came out of stun as long as I kept my timing tight. It's hard on the wrists, to be honest. This morning, the mob came out of stun every single time, for 45 minutes, when gyre was about a second into casting. So the mob gets a 1-1.5 sec run up to you. If you mix in a BDB and maintain your spacing, it's not a really big deal, to be honest. It's just more buttons to press and it messes with your timing. I had it down pat in no time, so it isn't even like they changed the net sum of what we can accomplish. They just pestered us, is all (intentionally or otherwise, whatever).

If you want to create a toon on Bertox, I can get you over to my spot with CoH.
  12. Dandin Augur

This is odd, I Tested this this evening,

And now i see the issue you guys had described, Even though it was working "Fine" this morning (IE Pre patch)....

Maybe i had some lag, or something.

Either or. The basis is the Stun is not lasting its full duration any more....
  13. Bauer Augur

BUT DANDIN WE NEED MORE DETAILS = FIX
    OR ARE YOU MAKING A BROAD COMPLAINT = LOL

waaaat
  14. Keise Elder

Maybe its fixed? not sure, I for one never perma stunned...or needed to
  15. Panache New Member

I understand the argument for class balancing, for sure, but many other classes NOW have what Enchanters ONLY used to have. As an Enchanter, it seems I feel less and less useful with each successive patch or expansion. When something like this (which is a primary form of solo'ing, and even then requires good coordination and skill, and is limited to stunnable mobs) is changed without any kind of notification, it is disappointing to say the least.
    Trevise likes this.
  16. Uuvin Augur

no change as of rof launch.
  17. Vizier Augur

Chain stun works in RoF zones, still broken in VoA at the time of this writing. It might be a lag issue.
  18. Camou the Persistent Augur

Hence im not going to video tape this, but it is still working, though different. Luckily im barely using it, since getting a group is not a problem, and soloing is rather boring anyway.
  19. Bronut Augur

you think a video made them nerf it? it was not hard to figure out. yeah..." it slipped by" the powers that be at sony in game, but they spend so much time watching videos of there video game that they nerfed it. also its not that OP, if u cast it, it takes away from dps, and in a conventional group for the most part its not necisary to chain stun every mob, it gets boring, RL tanks and healers dont like it, the dmg sheild is not being used. i used it in emergancys to metaphoricly "make sure the plane landed after turbulance" or if a RL healer was afk. also used it to clear spawns solo with a wizzy merc, other than that it was somewhat trivial for the most part. just my two cents