So if the exp is reverted back to 2% max per kill...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Grizzlyy, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Grizzlyy Journeyman

will all beginning quest be maxed also? for example bone chips quest in Kaladim and bb gnoll fangs? Will these be maxed at 2% per turn in too?
  2. Grizzlyy Journeyman

Because if not there would be a major incentive to do the early quests to maximize exp gain, if that's your cup of tea!
  3. Vaclav Augur

Yes, it maximized both - any source maxed at 2%
  4. Healiez Augur

and it was completely aweful and a horrible bandaid fix to exp.

They need to slow it down from what it is on live somehow, but the 2% per kill thing was just garbage.
    Irbax_Smoo likes this.
  5. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Yes, it was a silly thing.

Even something like 2% for a blue con, 3% for a white con, 4% for a yellow con, and 5% for a red con would be better.
    Zoggzog, Mezrah and Irbax_Smoo like this.
  6. Irbax_Smoo Augur

Even with the 2% cap, running things like the mail quest would still net you more exp and loot per hour - if you weren't grouped. The questing allowed you to still progress without having to hunt down mobs in an overcrowded zone, where groups/boxes will KS you.
  7. Zinth Augur

forget the cap, it didn't work...

they have variable exp modifier for special servers (zek/fv/test) which all have a positive +% modifier, make that a -80% modifier and slowly raise it to 0% (in 10% steps) as we get closer to where the normal servers got raised exp.
    Ducreux, Irbax_Smoo, MBear and 2 others like this.
  8. BalaNoob New Member

Agreed! I like the breakdown you have but my guess is it will be kept at 2%.
  9. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

After like level 5 or something that's probably fine but killing 50 mobs to reach level 2 is kinda brutal. I don't even think it was that bad in 99.
  10. Zinth Augur

it wasn't and you can try on the server not to be named, did take a peek and it was just like I remembered it, yes kills a slow but definetly not 50 mobs for 1 to 2, more like 20 mobs to hit lvl 2, if you stick with the same mobs it's like 30 mobs to hit level 3 and then it slows down and you should move to mobs a level higher and so on, keep the con as low to you as possible but where you still get a decent amount of exp per kill.
  11. Healiez Augur

It was 50 mobs from level 1 to 2... then 2 to 3..... people who say it was only 20 mobs either dont remember or didnt actually count... I actually rerolled to a different race due to crowding and counted....

It took exactly 50 mobs to get from level 1 to level 2.
  12. Duskrequim New Member

hmmm when I started i wondered how many it would take.. Playing a Gnome warrior.. it took 10-15 kills to reach level 2.. then it took over 20 to get to level 3.. and then the exp curve started to get more and more...
  13. Bandok Augur

I believe Zinth was referring to classic, when getting to level 2 was faster than on Fippy. You're quoting the Fippy numbers. You're not disagreeing -- you're quoting different sources.
  14. Duskrequim New Member

ahhh ok... classic was 10-20 mobs.. but the exp began to curve and then you had the heck levels.. which I hated back then but really wish we still had. The fast exp is so horrible for skills etc.. and you flood the upper levels with people that then get stuck trying to compete over the same content with those using BOT armies to grief everyone else. Its a major issue that would be corrected if the exp was gained slower and more along the lines that the original game saw...
  15. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

I believe he was referring to how many it took to get to lvl 2 in 99, not on fippy / vulak. Personally I cannot remember how long it took on my first char, but as a night blind Erudite in a very dark tox forest I was more concerned about seeing things and eventually trying to find my damn corpse than how long it took to get to next level.
  16. Zinth Augur

I was talking about it wasn't ORIGINALLY 50 mobs... Fippy was overkill with 50 mobs to hit level 2
  17. Hateseeker Augur

If xp pots are sold, and the exp cap is set at 2%, how does that tie together? Still 2% per kill or 4%?
  18. Machen New Member

XP mods were mostly applied after cap. You could go over 2% with xp potions and zem bonuses. Maybe the group bonus too, I forget. Definitely RAF bonus. In a couple of Kunark hot zones you could get something like 10-15% per kill under the right circumstances, with bonuses, while the 2% cap was still in place.
  19. Darth Augur

It took 30-50 kills to hit level 2 on Vulak, same for 3 and 4 etc. The xp got better in a group at low levels since normally you'd net 9+% per kill for the first levels, so 6 people killing would net each person in group 2%.

if 6 people kill 6 times faster than 1 person it equates to 12% per "kill" for the kill.
  20. Healiez Augur

Aye a lot of people figured out pretty quick that until like level 4 it was best to make a full group and split up and everyone solo, it actually went pretty fast.

My favorite group was at level 3 at like 2 am, myself on my rogue, 3 wizards, a druid, and a ranger.... me, the druid and the ranger would all grab as many mobs as possible, and run to the 3 wizards who would just numbing cold and drop the pile instantly, newb AoE groups for the win.