Slow zoning on only one character

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Grove, Jul 17, 2023.

1. Grove Augur

On only one of my many characters (only one account) I experience slow log-in and slow zoning everywhere. Occasionally the zoning will be faster but then the recovery time after zoning will be extended.
  2. Brickhaus Augur

Do you have logging on? If so, check the log file size.

If that character has a lot of items in housing, that can be a cause for delay on a specific character.

There could also be some corruption in the specifc character files. You could move all the files in EQ that have that character's name out of the EQ folder temporarily and let EQ create a fresh batch. If it fixes the issue, then just redo your interface. If not, then just move the files back (while not logged in).

Just some ideas off the top of my head.
  3. phattoni Augur

try turning texture cacheing off, if that doesnt work, take wifi out of the question if you are using it, im seeing people are getting worse loading times on wifi than wired for some reason.

so if one computer is wired and the other is wifi, the one will load slower(wifi comp). not sure if this is the case, but this is the 3rd or 4th time i have read that switching to wired fixed load times.

when you say recovery times what do you mean?? like cool down on spells?
  4. Grove Augur

The issue was resolved by when the account is offline, cutting and pasting the files with this character name on them to folder on desktop. I did not do the ones holding the looting selections. What I meant by recovery: upon zoning and seeing the elements of the new zone but locked from moving, typing, etc. Having cut out the character files, log into game and quickly able to move and do other things. Of course, I am faced with a layout not of my liking. But right there is a pop-up window offering the copied layout of my other characters. I selected the one most closely related to the affected character and mostly all is well.

Thank you to those who helped me.