Slot 18/19 Augments - what did you aim for?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Schadenfreude, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Schadenfreude Augur

2. Lianeb Augur

Of the 12 slots I use 10 stat augs and 2 effect augs. Effect are used based on what I feel like and vary between frontal defense, soothing, assaulting procs (ether magic or fire), and defender, of which I have the weeping heaven and blazing euphoria of them, for more inter-changability
    So:
    The 4 secret dawn
    The 4 weeping heaven
    The 2 enhancement
    2 slots variable
  3. Tucoh Augur

For posterity, on stacking:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/type-18-vs-type-19-effect-stacking.257529/

I still don't know if soothing stacks.

For my warrior (4/4 items):
    blazing europhoria:
    protecting magic
    defender
    ventral defense
    assaulting magic
    soothing
    midnight enhancement

whispering midnight:
    protecting magic (I think this stacks?)
    defender
    assaulting magic
    soothing (if it stacks)

I think the only one I'm missing is whispering midnight defender.
  4. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

There are more augs than the 2 casting fire? :D
    Cicelee likes this.
  5. Cicelee Augur

Whatever I can get my hands on. Then again I only have three of them, and only two items at level 1. So......
  6. Duder Augur

Needs that sympathetic slow aug =xx
  7. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

For Ranger:

2 Enhancement
    2 Dire
    2 Casting Fire
    2 Assaulting Magic
    2 Accuracy
    1 1% less dmg from front
    1 3% added healing.

I used all raid lore groups to max Dex (123 total).
    Brohg likes this.
  8. Natal Augur

Why bother with the assaulting magic ones? The proc rates on them are quite dismal.
  9. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Hmm the Ventral Defense one's don't stack? That sucks I got both because I thought they did :(

I only have 2 items so for my 6 slots the original plan was;

Whispering/Blazing Ventral Defense
    Whispering/Blazing Defender
    Blazing Warding Fire
    Blazing Casting Magic

If the Ventral's don't stack I'll prolly swap the Whispering Ventral for Whispering Protecting Magic.
  10. Brohg Augur

6hDex. what augs would you use instead?
  11. josh Augur

I checked soothing, it works now, but they don't stack.
  12. Tucoh Augur

I'll have to parse them out and see what the state change would be if I swapped it with whatever a type 18 stat aug gives me.
  13. Brohg Augur

Checked logs, my BU Assaulting Magic procs for ~500dps (would assuredly be a little more for the melee classes with "caster" crit AAs). So, not lots, but it's competing against - what, a Hikma aug that would be +10ac +200hp and -6hDex/hStr/hAgi? I fersure don't want a Defending Magic instead, that only procs enough to [smurf] up trains in low level zones
  14. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I'm pretty disappointed overall in the Assaulting augs. I'm lucky if the two procs combine for 1kdps.
  15. Tanols Augur

I think the devs were trying to err on the side of caution with all the type 18/19 augs that had "special" power ups. They were intended to provide small gains and so they do. Increase those gains then everyone loves you ... decrease them because you belatedly realize it is too much ..........
  16. p2aa Augur

I'm a warrior, and I use the 4 secret dawn and the 4 weeping heaven stats augs, and 4 Blazing Euphoria augments : Enhancement, Defender, Ventral Defense and Soothing (since the effect works now since the new patch, i was using Defending Magic before instead of this one)
  17. Whulfgar Augur

All in all.. every one of the augs were clearly designed not to be so powerful they in an of themselves game changers..

Having said that it really doesnt matter which set up you use in either raid an even less in grp settings.
  18. Whulfgar Augur

But also having said that I find it interesting to learn what other raid quality tanks use hehe.
  19. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

I'm aiming for:
    The two enhancement augs.
    The two baraea augs.
    The two hikma augs.
    The two qua augs.
    Two left to swap around for whatever fits you best for the moment (Soothing, or attacker or whatnot etc)
  20. Brohg Augur

[IMG]I will swap Assaulting Magic and BE Defender for Whispering & BE Attackers when I get them