Slayer

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by smash, Jan 4, 2013.

1. smash Augur

Why are there no natives of Kunark ?
    There natives of Velius, Luclin, .... But no one of Kunark
  2. Vouivre Augur

Sarnak were natives of Kunark I thought. Also Iksar are native to Kunark and the Shissar were possibly as well and then moved to Luclin.

I haven't looked at all the slayer achievements, but what velious specific mobs are there that aren't elsewhere?
  3. Vouivre Augur

I thought they specifically used Iksar in one and Shissar were included with snakes or some such as well as sarnaks.
  4. Gladare Augur

Natives of Velious:
    Bulthars, Manatees, Molkors, Othmirs, Sea Elephants, Ulthorks, and Walruses.

He's asking why isn't there a Natives of Kunark achievement since there are npcs native to kunark when we have Natives of Velious, Luclin, Taelosia, Kuua, and Alaris.
  5. Vouivre Augur

Ahh I see. Are there even enough natives of Kunark to even pull that off? Iksar are already one of the achievements for player races, and the only one I can think of off the top of my head then is Sarnak which are more specific to Kunark.
  6. Voragath Augur

There really aren't any Natives of Alaris; they are all illegal aliens :p
  7. Vouivre Augur

That was painful...:confused:
  8. Gladare Augur

I think Iksar, Chokidai, Drolvarg, Sarnak, Yeti, drachnid(maybe?), Burynai, Forest Giants, Scorpikis. The undead of veksar have a model I haven't seen elsewhere.

I'm thinking it's because a lot of these can be found outside of kunark.
  9. Vouivre Augur

Veksar didn't open with Kunark so I am not sure if they would count that or not. I forgot about Drolvargs, Burynai, and Drachnids. Yes, other than the Drolvargs there are other places that these were probably included is my guess.

The walking flowers a, wyverns, wurms, and cockatrice were also originally released in Kunark.
  10. Sophia Lorekeeper

The rhino, too, I'm pretty sure.
    Vouivre likes this.
  11. Tirratye Lorekeeper

Iksar: Used in many places just to populate areas
    Chokidai: Seeds of Destruction -- Field of Scale, still counts as Kunark
    Drolvarg: Kunark only, I believe
    Sarnak: Seeds of Destruction -- Field of Scale, still counts as Kunark
    Yeti: categorized with gorillas, so whatever.
    Drachnid: Depths of Darkhollow en masse
    Burynai: Underfoot
    Forest Giants: There are already 5000 giants to be killed
    Scorpikis: Kunark only

Brontotheriums in Velious are rhinos.

cockatrice is also Kunark only, but wyverns, wurms and flora aren't native only to Kunark.
  12. Vouivre Augur

I think Native generally applies to creatures that seem to have begun in an expansion rather than being used elsewhere. Whether the devs use it in the latter way is another thing though.
  13. Greymantle Augur

Actually , i may be wrong , but i belive the native versions corrispond to mobs that ONLY spawn in one of that era's zones.
  14. Tonica New Member

What mobs are the 50 shades? I have tried different shades and shadows but no updates on any of them.
  15. roguerunner Augur

Stuff like mistmoore ldon shades work, and shade models from SoF work, like the sos guys in crypt of shade in loping.

I haven't confirmed, but I'd think that all the luclin shade people work too. Like all the robed guys
  16. Eaiana Augur

I did mine on the robed guys in Grieg's End.
  17. JolineSZ Augur

B
    Burynai are also original Kunark - Field of Bones are tons of them and always were and original Kurn's Tower
  18. smash Augur

Sokokar, ravener, myconic
  19. Talif Augur

I burned through shades when I went to Akehva to kill mindworms on the hall traps.