Skilling up Tradeskills Post 300

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Agrippa, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Agrippa Augur

One of the things on my ever-growing and lengthy to-do tomes is to learn every known tradeskill recipes with one of my characters. Considering that some characters have been in Norrath and working tradeskills for the better part of two decades, I'd be pretty surprised if at least one *really* dedicated player hasn't achieved this. So my question is: Are there enough unknown recipes for a player this dedicated to skill up their way to the new cap?
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Yes, any skill can go to 350. Goodurden has 350 in all tradeskills (well, not tinkering/poisonmaking/alchemy, at least on his main).

I have 350 in a few personally, its not that hard, just takes time and research.
  3. Agrippa Augur

*nods* I know that they can all reach new caps, but I'm wondering if anyone had every known recipe learned prior to the cap being raised. If so, were there enough unknown recipes for characters to reach the new caps in everything? If you meant that Goodurden and the others had had every known recipe learned prior to skilling up to 350 in everything, my apologies and a *huge* shout out for this. It just wasn't clear from your post.
  4. Gillette Lorekeeper

5. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

That's not how it works. If there are 1050 recipes that count towards the skill ups, and it takes 1000 to learn 50 points (you have a little play), it takes 20 recipes per point. If you had 999 recipes learned, you'd start with 349 skill as soon as you bought the AAs. And one more recipe learned would ding you 350.
  6. Agrippa Augur

Thank you both. The first post alone from that link Gillette provided was insightful. And thanks for explaining that for me, Yepmetoo..
  7. Orbital101 Augur