SK weapon augmentation

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Gio-Cefalu, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Gio-Cefalu Augur

I'm curious what others are using for their SK weapon aug, particularly sword and board. I don't raid, so I'm looking at the group attainable augs. I'm currently using a 14 dmg aug in my 1H TOV T3 hammer (why a hammer? I miss my old trusty slicer!).

• I have seen some argue for adding a rune aug on to of the existing rune proc, but the only one I'm aware of is a pathetically low rune proc by current content standards, and I read somewhere that an aug with a proc has a reduced chance to fire if the weapon already has a proc effect on it natively.
    • I've also seen lifetap augs that some suggest.
    • I have seen some go for the augs that proc a heal on the target's target.
    • Still others suggest that higher damage aug is not only faster kills against the mobs, but it also boosts the amount of your passive lifetaps, etc.

Suggestions?

Thanks.
  2. Syylke_EMarr Augur

I've been using one of the lifetap augs for awhile. It can actually provide some decent healing over the course of a fight (though not so sure about group content). I honestly usually use a 2Hander in group content.

I would skip rune procs. They don't usually stack with the innate rune proc on your weapon so some percentage of the procs will be completely wasted. If looking for extra survivability, I would go with lifetap or target-of-target heal. Otherwise, I would go with the higher damage+damage proc one. I have been giving some consideration to the ToV target-of-target damage aug lately, but haven't taken the time to look into the math on it.

On a semi-related note, I am disappointed that Knights don't have a sympathetic proc 1hander option in ToV to go with the rest of the sympathetic proc weapons :(