SK Self Buff - Drape of the Wrathforged - Stacking issues

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Zarzac, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Seldom Augur

Tearsin, apples to apples, you're pretty much spot on. If you wanted to reach a bit, in a group or molo situation, a paladin can keep their single armor of inquisitor and group armor of inquisitor on cool down to help bridge that substantial AC gap some, so it isn't as bad then(though still, even if rotating those for max up time properly, no where near 100% up time). In a raid situation, obviously gotta save those abilities for certain times or share the group version with the wars, sks etc. Thanks for putting up the accurate numbers. If you wanted to go apples to oranges, you can go the Zarzac route and start bringing up raid guilds go with 5 paladins and 1 shadow etc. Which we all know isn't remotely true. Or mitigation buffs we can share with the other tanks and also doesn't stack with 2 of the 3 main knight defenses. AC obviously stacks with everything.
  2. Warpeace Augur

Lol.....Your not even arguing that your arguing about a perceived 200AC gap that looks to not exist and your not posting anything to support your position, you ran to Evilgames to call names and whine. I posted buffs and numbers and your upset. Infact another SK posted basically saying your rant about 200 AC is off. Chances are if the Dev's look into it and see what buffs interact with other buffs you wont get those slots move because how they play with other buffs producing the required outcome.
  3. Tearsin Rain Augur

i gotta say, i disagree, but for the simple reason that it think there is a much better solution (or at least, one that i like a lot better): add 170 AC to zombie skin - that way the same relative amount of AC on the same slots is still there, but we don't require a ranger to keep that number on ourselves (for outside the raid game), and that way the SK class isn't beholden to farming spinecoat line clickies for the rest of eternity to get AC on that slot.
  4. Zarzac Augur

That would also be a good and workable solution making zombie skin worth casting and has been asked before.

You ran the numbers.
    You got exactly what anyone else would get, 187 with static long term buffs, your own post. Rank 3 widens the gap more which is why I accurately said "nearly 200" in one post and "over 175AC" in my first post as the difference when looking at long term buffs.
    So yeah, it was exactly as I stated it was for long term buffs.

I find it interesting, although expected, that you guys would work so hard to make a completely reasonable request look out of kilter instead of commenting on the fact the Imperator's Command strips both knight buffs which does more damage to a pally than a SK if not blocked. As a short term group buff, it is really not something that either class should have to block to keep up a 4hr self buff.
    Xanathol likes this.
  5. Seldom Augur

I find it interesting you would try to use paladins as a base to get more AC, when you have substantially more with 100% up time. In addition to paladins being able to boost a SK's more with their only ability that remotely bridges gap and isn't 100% up time. Good luck with that and your reasoning for desiring such. Nothing wrong with wanting improvements to your class, seems you're VERY solid on the AC front in comparison to the other knight class though, whom you decided to draw AC comparisons to.
  6. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

Graph of PAL vs SHD AC buffs:

[IMG]

Without discs, SHD pull ahead with Impose for Power (AC tap). With discs, PAL Armor of the Inquisitor puts them ahead. Full AC discs puts PAL slightly ahead.

The best thing you can do for yourself after death is click Form of Defense.
  7. Zarzac Augur

We can't "cast" MC it's a kill shot proc. And according to WarPeace you need to include food and drink in there for comparison. Otherwise WOW at the time there.
  8. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

With food and drink and everything else:

[IMG]

This comes from this post (CotF era). I added the gnoll clicky and Spinecoat.

I think AC and buffs are really interesting, unfortunately though the AC we get from buffs is super tiny compared to everything else (purple in the graph). I suppose everything adds up. I included all the discs (and things like MC) for clarity, not as a realistic situation.
    Seldom likes this.
  9. shiftie Augur

If you are adding mc you might as well add paladin blessing of the faithful as it grants av in a kills hit also.
  10. Warpeace Augur

You are completely ignoring everything trying to have this AC slot changed. If Shadowknights were granted this request you would gain the use of Nettlespears and an additional 206 AC in slot 3.

Here is the problem re read Tearsin Rains post.

Now look at the total AC value as a class you could maintain non stop, I would even drop Torrent of Misery, leaving you at 1,365 and honestly ask yourself is that even balanced?

I don't see Wrathforged getting changed because you have the ability to go farm the Spinecoat clickie that's 78 AC your fellow knight can not optimally use, might not be ideal but its a legit option. Also working against you is the ability to spam and keep up your Impose for Power combat buff until you run out of Mana for 540 AC give and take there as it degrades.

Your really missing the big picture when you can have more pure buff AC than Paladins, You may not have it full time but when you need the additional AC in combat your class is more than capable to hit Impose and receive 540 AC something your fellow Knight can not do.

So yes your argument is flawed that changing that spell slot would bring you in line with Paladin and being able to benefit from Nettlespears is a half truth when saying SK are almost 200 AC behind Paladin. Again your choosing to ignore the Spinecoat clickie and your Impose spell that is extremely beneficial to you and your AC.

Just because your Drape buff is less AC than the Paladin version does not mean in the end your loosing AC. Your trying to compare two different buffs and say your class is loosing 200AC does not hold water if you use your buffs right.
  11. Warpeace Augur

Not everything is or will be a long term buff. You apparently don't realize how powerful some of your short term buffs are. Paladins have some we have to click non stop and I don't see that changing.

Sounds like you need to go farm a clickie.

Start making a habit of clicking your Impose spell gem and stop pretending you don't have any AC.
  12. Klotar-TSM Lorekeeper

If the topic were "Hey, Paladins can't use the Spinecoat clickie, please move the AC slot so that we can benefit too" -- as a SK, I would have supported that.

Instead, I'm now inclined to suggest maybe getting new stat food.
    Ravengloome likes this.
  13. Warpeace Augur

Try being on topic here, has zero to do with this thread.

However keep looking around on the ground for that 200AC you dropped someplace and cant seem to find.:rolleyes:

Maybe run to a different board and only post a portion of a reply to try and gain support and sympathy?

The OP has only been at if for what, 6 years now?
  14. Klotar-TSM Lorekeeper

LOL, you're the one that keeps bringing it up that SHD/WAR can use the Violet Conch but PAL can't, and we should go farm it and quit complaining about AC.
  15. Warpeace Augur

Yes I must have done that Over and Over and Over and Over, you exaggerate much?

I actually agreed with some there that put factual reasons and left it alone, never posted time and again that it should be changed to accommodate the Paladin class.

Guess a Troll is going to Troll though.
  16. Seldom Augur

Hopefully Devs see this and fix these bugs, no clue how Zarzac has brought it up for six betas yet they keep missing. Paladins having all that less AC is a major injustice to the SK class. I can only imagine devs explaining this stuff for six betas if they cared to, then SK's running to evilgamers and calling them bunch of choice words that would be filtered here.
  17. Ravengloome Augur

Good god this thread so much lul.
  18. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Don't particularly care or agree with either complaint being made by Zarzac (drape line) or Warpeace (conch clicky). Quibbling over an insubstantial amount of ac and or buff convenience seems pretty pointless. There are much bigger fish to fry.
    Ravengloome likes this.