SK Rune Stacking

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by BoingyBoing, Sep 13, 2015.

1. BoingyBoing Journeyman

Hi all,

I was hoping someone could help me understand how runes stack for SKs, while I am not a new SK this 1 topic makes me feel a complete noob so I am posting it here.

I have poked around on evilgamer and couldn't find a huge amount of information, the 1 thread I did find was actually a warrior thread and talked about how only 1 rune is taken off an incoming melee hit, and that the order the rune is used is based on its % absorption and not the amount it removes from the hit.

What I am thinking is that SKs discs are also big runes so does this mean that if I proc a weapon proc rune (weapon procs are 100% absorption) it will remove that from the incoming hit and ignore my doomscale mantle completely? This same logic would apply to the shawl proc too, should I be blocking these runes for big hitters? Repellence is also a rune so should I be blocking that to as its got a smallish cap.

My second query is the behaviour of unholy guardian vs Doomscale mantle in conjunction with "Rallied Greater Ward of vie Rk 2" from my healer merc.

I am in the arena on test seeing how much I get hit for under each and if vie has any effect; my current results are, (I ascertain max hit by sitting with my back to the mob)

No discs, No buffs: 1784
    Vie only: 1606
    Doomscale Mantle only: 1160
    Doomscale Mantle + Vie: 1160 (vie has no effect as both are runes and doomscale has higher % absorption)
    Unholy Guardian: 1288
    Unholy Guardian + Vie: 1160

I expected unholy guardian and vie to stack, what I did NOT expect was for unholy guardians straight 36% mitigation to remove less damage than doomscale mantles 35% reduction. What am I missing here? please anyone?