SK pet AA's worth getting???

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Xanorak, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Xanorak Lorekeeper

I'm on the progression server and just got my LvL 68 SK pet. It actually does some damage now compared to the lower level pets.

Are pet AA's even worth it for a SK?? The pet crit isn't too expensive.... Pet disc is very helpfull ... Allow group buffs would be nice but costs 12 AA - a bit extreme..

Seems like if I were to get pet AA's I might as well do it a bit early to let the small added damage carry on over time? Defense AA is maxed
  2. Kurayami Augur

The dps boosts and allow group buffs are useful if you like to include a pet as part of your dps, the defensives not so much, save those for when you run out of other AAs to buy. Companion's relocation isn't too bad either if you are using a sacrificial pet for pulling.
    Xanorak likes this.
  3. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Group buff AA absolutely, if you're grouped with a shaman, bard, etc, your pet becomes another carrier for their melee proc buffs and such; it's the best return on investment for pet AA's
    Xanorak likes this.
  4. Catriana New Member

I'm at 4.2k atm, haven't bought any yet. I'll get around to it eventually, probably not until 5k+ though. There are many, many other AAs that are more important. SK pet is basically a DoT that's mana free, but does weak damage and requires attention to use. Not to mention adding even more hotkeys, and I have 6 or 7 full bars already so...
  5. Noobieguy Augur

Not really worth it, do get pet hold (pet discipline) and pet affinity so that you can get MGB Buffs. Have a lil over 4600 AAs on my SK and haven't really started getting much for pet AAs because there are still others I want first.
  6. Tearsin Rain Augur

it's not worth it to go out of your way for, but you might as well drop 1 point into both crits and flurries, if you use the pet regularly, just so the chance is there.

maxing out all the pet DPS related AAs is a couple hundred AAs, and you're not going to see more than probably 75-125 dps increase on the pet from them.
  7. Phyros-InverseLogic Augur

I think the max I've seen my pet do is around 1200-1500dps in a group.

(With a bard, and a shaman, No mage items)