Sk, mage, bst & ?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by CashIsKing, May 4, 2023.

1. CashIsKing New Member

Friend and I are returning to EQ. We last played in 2018. Looking over all the 85-90 toons we have, we are going to group sk, mage, bst and 1 more. He is playing the beast. I will 3 box sk, mage and 1 more. I will be pulling/tanking by driving the sk. I remember i really enjoyed sk snare + mage coth to try for single pulls. Is beast slow & crack good enough?

1) Ench for better crack, haste and crowd control. No charming.
    2) Druid for tracking, spot heal, evac and debuff to improve mage nukes
    3) Shaman for spot heal, better slow and punt/root for crowd control

We will be on live server. I use ISB. We are heroic 85 geared and not raiding. All accounts are gold. We plan to gear up while leveling by doing HAs and other group activities. Merc cleric or 2 will be used. Neither one of us had used mercs before.

I like all 3 classes and need help deciding which one to use with sk & mage box along with my friend playing a beast. Please let me know your thoughts. Thank you!
  2. Petalonyx Augur

Solid group. I'd go druid. Port to bind, tracking, evac, a good burn, group heals. Will save you the most time and offers solid synergy with that group
    PCSS and Tatanka like this.
  3. Alnitak Augur

A bard, perhaps. Speeds up both pets, SK, BST. Some decent crowd-control, double-inviso instacast, Selo, overall adps and some sizable dps by just standing there.

Or a ranger - 15 min snare, calm, extra ATK and DS for the group, some awesome dps with burn extras.

SK is a busy class, your 3rd toon needs to be low-maintenance. Although ISB will help.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

QFT.

I run DRU/SK/MAG. I like it a lot.

There's really no perfect answer to this, except the one you come up with. That's because every answer solves a different problem. If you're the type to move around a lot (both in a zone and between zones) you will find a druid very handy. If you rely on track a lot to get right to where you want to be without wading through unnecessary mobs, then a druid may be the best answer to your question.

If, on the other hand, you like to get a camp spot and stay there for hours, pulling the spawns which you already know the location of, then a druid probably isn't your best choice.
  5. Thorstem New Member

Bard is always the answer if you are looking for a low maintenance box that will make your life better. Over-haste, faster run, better pulls, higher ds, and can be afk melody