SK Hotkeys+

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Wyvern, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Razorfall Augur

This is really nice. Can we get a Pally thread like this?
  2. Kravn Augur

Just as a note... SK boards have moved to EQShadowknight.net

We migrated everything out of Evilgamer before it shut down, so all the good old data is still there, including previous user accounts.
  3. Drogba Augur

You get some problems with putting everything into hotkeys, or blowing the good stuff at the start of a multibind, but it depends on what you're doing.

Flexibility is usually better, a lot of sk's stitch themselves into these unnecessary, narrow corridors by trying to over simplify it all.

It's situational, but generally: thoughtfully reacting to incoming damage is better than spamming your best stuff.

If solely for dps purposes, then sure, you will likely have the 3 big nukes on cool-down and at the front of the bind, (can load a separate bind or spell set for this). The other reason you might like it at the front is if in your current situation, there is no real danger of having it on cool down.

Or yeah, you might blow it on an incoming mob just for aggro purposes if you don't think you'll need it.

You're always going to be forced into manually casting spells in order to cast the best thing at the right time, so the only binds that felt feasible to me were a lifetap bind, and a dps bind.

For general tanking purposes on anything that can kill you, i actually like to have my weaker taps at the start of my tanking bind. If i take a big spike, i can manually click a big tap instead (dicho, dire, in situations: deceitful). That way i can be somewhat spammy with my bind, without wasting life saving buttons. But as pointed out earlier in the thread, you could go with 2 binds, one for lesser heals, one for greater. (the priority order for greater would have a spanner in the mix with deceitful though, so i prefer to deal with this manually)

I am usually very spammy with my binds on say.. my wizard, but there are so many different options on every cast as an sk. My lifetap bind on the sk is used more like an assistant tool, something I can somewhat spam which free's me for a moment to contemplate what to do next.

Combined hotkeys come with problems as well, particularly when players use them as replacements for having all of those buttons available to be used separate to the system that they've encroached upon themselves.

Of course, being able to fire multiple things pretty quickly is nifty in a pinch. Instead of hitting 5 different things manually, you hit 1 button and get a second to breath/think when you need it. So i use a few macro's, but as exceptions, not the rule.

/cast keys are generally bad news. Multi-binds are fast and reliable.
  4. Drogba Augur

Are you raiding at all since fyre Wyvern? Should come to the FL death-fest one day. My wiz needs protection :)
  5. Brohg Augur

That's interesting - sounds like it would also save some mana.