Sk duo partner. I just dont want to do a shaman !!

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Biship, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Biship New Member

On Mangler and we are currently in Luclin.

I've switched from my epic ranger to a SK and feel it's more rewarding.
    I've been struggling trying to find the best duo partner for the SK.

Currently I duo with my enchanter. The only time this is an issue in this era is if I am not using dire charm, the enchanter can get low on hp's with pet breaks. It works well though.

I have a 56 druid but I feel I am limited when using that duo.
    I worked a BST up top 46 and flamed out but rethinking that as the duo partner.

I know SK/SHM duo is highly touted but i've never played a shammy and haven't found the desire to play one yet.

I do like my versatility with enc/sk , but lack of heals can be a problem at times.
    Any thoughts?
  2. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

SK and Shammy is a godly combo. You really should try it.
  3. forbes77 Elder

4. Biship New Member

How would a SK/Nec combo fair?
    Necro pet could tank when need be if SK needed a minute.
    Necro can heal with Zvfeer's , mind wrack so SK can always tap.

I figure between the 2 pets even though sk pet is just a dot, as well as necro pet , the dps output and versatility would maybe be viable?

If the SK has mana he has his own heals.

Thoughts?
  5. Tucoh Augur

bard, enchanter, druid, mage, berserker all will work fine as a duo partner with an SK. You aren't stuck with a shaman.
  6. Lenowill Augur

If you don't want to make a shaman, then druid for the extra DS and healing gets my vote. It should help shore up the SK's relatively weaker lifetap healing for the early eras (when AAs are few and lifetaps aren't critting much). While not always necessary/relevant, the druid's various attack-rating debuffs can help reduce the odds of the SK suffering a big damage spike when tanking named/higher level enemies whose melee is scary. Aside from that, ports and the ability to root are always nice, and SK has neither on its own.

If you're still playing into later eras, the druid will start to get some other spells that work rather well for an SK tank. The druid's Skin of the Reptile (level 68, DoDh expansion) buff line helps smooth out damage intake when tanking multiples, and Vinelash Cascade (72, TBS expansion) is an excellent AoE root cone that will let the druid provide convenient-enough crowd control.