SK: Doing it wrong?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by DuchessElindra, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Everstorm Augur

Nother thing: you using powersource (metal orb) and purity augments?
  2. Mithrandyr Augur

Passive AAs and spells have a proc rate encoded in them. The only things that affect AAs are other AAs specifically designed to do so. Some spells have a "proc rate mod" included to increase the base proc rate which is usually once per 30 seconds. Hdex isn't going to make Touch of the Cursed proc any more often. I do believe it makes weapons proc slightly more often.
  3. Ravengloome Augur

4. Schadenfreude Augur

I have a level 92 SK that had some work put into him but not very much. In his favour I have a lot of other boxes so buffs aren't an issue even if his gear is all over the place. Sword and board he's around 7k fully buffed and 2200 AAs with an extremely heavy bias towards the fun SK-only stuff.

So anyway I took him to Valley and tried a couple of farmers which I realise are probably a bit lower in difficulty than the Oashim OP mentions nevertheless he has two levels on me and more AAs. The first one was an even con and the next few barely dark blue so a fairly tough work out. As I suspected the J5 merc on reactive was able to keep up with healing without having to resort to anything out of the ordinary on a longer cooldown. Damage taken was spiky and a couple of times I had to lifetap to avoid dipping under 30% but nothing that would have prevented me doing the daily task as long as I was careful and pulled singles.
  5. Ravengloome Augur

.......... As an SK you should be lifetapping proactively whilst weaving in Dots/spears/Terrors
  6. Schadenfreude Augur

I agree but I was purely interested to see whether or not I could tank similar mobs to those that the OP was having problems using only innate abilities and merc heals.
  7. Klotar-TSM Lorekeeper

Is any of the gear 'Yellow', or have red stats in brackets? I see that RoF T1 is required 92 (which the OP is) but is recommended 95 which I believe means the gear is not at full stats? Are any augs dragging those down also, or vice-versa?

Can't do much about the red stats in brackets unless you level up to the Rec. level, but if there is any yellow gear, I believe that means you are getting no stats whatsover from the item (perhaps the others can correct me if I'm wrong)?
  8. Gnomeland Augur

VoA trash mobs are within the stun range of the 91 air pet so obviously it's going to tank single trash mobs rather well, especially with a raid level focus ie EM 12. It's the equivalent of paladins being able to stun lock trash mobs so they never even attack.

Pet levels also do not matter to the same degree that player levels do; mob vs. mob uses a different set of calculations than player vs. mob. Yellow cons punish you to a greater degree than it punishes a pet. When it becomes a blue con, it becomes a lot easier.