{sk} AA help plz

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Inukami, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Inukami New Member

ok first off, im a 92 sk, with alittle under 3200 aa's and i find myself having a very hard time still killing mobs that con lightblue or dark blue to me without having my box toons with me. ive maxed out my def aa's so far and have been working on getting my dot, and atk aa's now. i wield some decent gear and weapons and a shield, also have a very decent 2h weapon(sorry i cant remember how to spell the names of the weapons) im wearing mostly lvl 90-95 gear and some 92-95 gear. ive also found that when swarming it takes me forever to kill large packs but ive watched other sk's with similar gear and aa count do it much faster. please advise. and could someone please list for me what the swarming aa list is.
  2. Dantibus New Member

Without being able to see what your really working with giving any really helpful advice on this is near impossible. I did note that in talking about all the things you have... you failed to mention probably the most important tank class items...your AC and your AUGS.

The Shadowknight boards @ http://www.evilgamer.net/forums/ are probably the best class forums of any EQ class I know of. There search function tho makes me wanna hit myself in the head with a ball hammer... try just googling what your looking for and adding evilgamers at the end and you should be able to find answers to all your questions from gear and augs to spells and aa's and everything in between.

Fair warning ~ don't start a thread about swarming. Hope this helps~
  3. Dramatime Augur

You can get a crafted 2h weapon that will most certainly be better then a weapon you have at the moment that was a drop from RoF T1. It will probably cost you around 30k however. On Erollsi marr (which is the server your on)

As far as I know (which might be little) but the sk's ability to swarm is based of ripostes their epic and life taps. Also that sweet aa that turns you into some kind of zombie. If your not swarming do not worry about not killing quickly because you are a meat shield and everyone loves a good meat shield. Feel proud that you can hold aggro like a champ and if all goes wrong FD and watch as the rest of your group dies like a bunch of sissies.

=)
    I'm almost certain this was not super helpful but maybe it was a little.
  4. CrazyLarth Augur

the SK site is what i used but i dont remember the links I used.
    This aa site can group AA by categorys

http://eqaasearch.org/aainfo.asp?search_fd12=Shadowknight

i am sure i am missing some AA but make sure to max these out
    Category tab:
    Survivability , Damage Shield, Lifetap and Lifetap – Procs
  5. Sinestra Augur

Get a Magelo so we can see your gear and AAs. Then tell us in detail how you are going about it and we might be able to help more.
  6. Crystilla Augur

To the OP,

If you are on Erollisi Marr and need a cultural two-hander, I'd be happy to make one for you if I have the key ingredients. I might have them on hand so I'd only ask coverage for the vendor stuff I'd have to purchase.

Feel free to send me (Crystilla) and in game email (cntrl e will bring email up) and let me know what you're looking for and I'll see if I can help. My playtime right now is a little erratic so in game email or PM me on these forums is the best way to reach me.
  7. Arderd and Crowd Augur

Inukami, do you have all your swarm AAs?

You will need AAs that

Visage of Death - ping this when you pull with your epic up
    ALl related VoD AAs
    MOrtal Coil - all related MC AAs
    2nd spire I think it is
    All riposte AAs
    Bloodthirsty Blade
    Increased mitigation and avoidance
    Increase Taps (Crit, frequency, size)
    Increase hits (Crit, double riposte)
    The auto bash with shield will help
    Spell Casting reinforcement (the duration one)

Also having all your DS spells will help a bit.

I'm not sure how you can swarm a mob, but can't solo it without help, though? Swarming at your level can take a bit to kill a wave, it will go down as your level goes up. It would take me 3-4 minutes to kill a decent wave in the Mech Guard, now at 100 it takes me less than half.
  8. Arderd and Crowd Augur

Also, I forgot. Put your AC tribute at max AC, and put that on. If you have any trophies that help AC, do that too!
    Try and get the raid powersource in an open raid, and get good purity.
    Get the aug from halas for dodge.

Do some research. Get all the AC augs you can get, there's LOTS, and a lot are easy!