SK AA Bloodthirsty Blade not working for 2H Piercing

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Gorgon, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Abazzagorath Augur

The best solution would be for them to create a 2hp skill. Maybe at this point they have a good enough handle on some aspects of the code that its possible to do so.

I find it funny though, we were stuck with 2hp weapons for so many expansions because a couple of devs felt that "knights should use lances", and since thats what we were using in parses, we thought the 2h aa were bugged and worked on our 1hers because our parses showed no difference in double attack rates.

And now it turns out that the aa wasn't bugged to work with 1hers, its our 2hers that were messed up =P

Crazy world of Norrath!
  2. Angahran Augur

There must be some code that differentiates between a 1hp weapon and a 2hp weapon otherwise we could equip a 2hp weapon and a shield.
    So, would it be possible to simply have the AA modified so that it also works on "piercing weapons that block the secondary slot" ?
  3. Tearsin Rain Augur

there is a flag they can put on an item that basically says "suppress equipping in the offhand"

far as the code of the game is concerned 2hp weapons are just a 1hp weapon with a really high damage that won't let you equip an offhand.

now that.... i dunno. eli would have to check.
  4. Grizz-Tunare New Member

So are speed of the knight and such also broken for 2hp or no ?
  5. Tegila Augur

well there are 2hp and 1hp ornaments, and its not just blocked for offhand, so there must be a way to flag them differently
  6. Kurayami Augur

Bumping this again, as I have just recently acquired a Great Spear of Dawn, deciding to trust the devs to fix this issue. I understand that there is a lot of code surrounding this issue, not only for fixing bloodthirsty blade, but also speed of the knight and any other AAs that look at whether the weapon is 2h or not.

Would it Please be possible to simply change the 2h piercers for the last few expansion to 2h slashing while we are waiting for the real fix? It is ridiculous to have this awesome stat 2her that doesn't even beat a great staff of the domain even though the stats are obviously better.

Please put in a quickfix so we can enjoy these items while the real issue is being resolved. We want 2h piercing to go 2h slashing so we can use our weapons we raided for!
  7. Elricvonclief Augur

I second this. If knight only 2hp are dropping in game (raid or group) they should be flagged to recieve our normal 2hander benefits.

Thank you
  8. Kurayami Augur

These posts are from the thread AA Bugs, give me your best shot. Seems we might have to wait longer still.... Can any devs on the code side of things speak on this issue, at least give a rough timeline? Many Knights would really like to know!
  9. Sinestra Augur

I hope I'm wrong, but with code issues it is the norm for things like this to often get pushed down the list and take months to years to fix.
  10. Abazzagorath Augur

An issue like this they will probably work on reasonably fast. Just avoid 2hp weapons, and if next expansion comes and same issue, make sure in beta we have them not make any.
  11. Kurayami Augur

Sad night last night indeed, an SK in guild who already had Great Spear of Dawn decided to blow 84 chits on Snowreaver. Wondering if that is also my fate in another week or two, will I be forced to get the same item twice because Great Spear of Dawn is broke?

I even tried petitioning to trade my Great Spear of Dawn for a Snowreaver, + 10 chits to make up for Snowreaver having slightly higher AC/hp. Basically got told they'd escalate the issue to devs, but couldn't do anything for me, please save chits to buy the working item. Where are you devs? About all I can say about this situation..... Bah Humbug with Shazbot on top!
  12. Tegila Augur

this is the main problem to me, we were given more choices and when we werent given more choices, 2hs was the one they gave us for a few years. now there're far fewer 2hs around and lot mroe piercers or 2hbs. when they then make an aa that doesnt work with one of them it kinda sucks
  13. Sinestra Augur

I hope you're right, but it's been over two months and they still don't even have a solution to implement.
  14. Kurayami Augur

I just wish they would tell us something that is currently being done about this. They could at least put in a temp fix changing 2hp to 2hs for the time being for the last few XPs 2hers. That would be what, maybe 4-6 weapons total? Being repeatedly told it is being looked at to me suggests it is in some pile of to-dos, not necessarily anywhere near the top....
    Tegila likes this.
  15. Abazzagorath Augur

They said it was a code issue. That means the developers are not able/going to do anything about it and it will wait on code changes. We just have to wait.

Knight 2hers from t1 aren't exactly a big deal, they are barely an increase over VoA weapons, and there are several choices, AND the currency level on t1 is cheap.
  16. Kurayami Augur

True they aren't a big deal, but still hate the fact I may have to waste 84 chits on something I already freaking have in piercing form. So once again I say, Bah Humbug with shazbot on top!
  17. Kurayami Augur

Got word from the developers just now on this long standing issue, apparently it's days are numbered now from the thread:

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/aa-bugs-give-me-your-best-shot.3890/page-9

Reposting what was said there here: